2019 Demo Alloy 27.5
Your speed shouldn’t be determined by the size of your checking account—this is the logic behind the Demo 8 27.5. It's a blue-collar, speed-and-steeze wagon equipped with a chassis that’s proven itself the world over, and we’ve decked out with a cost-effective, thoroughly kick-ass component mix.
When sending it full-gas down the trail, you need confidence that your bike is going to perform like it should, and no material has earned its keep on the downhill circuit like our M5 aluminum. This grade of aluminum has a whole lot going for it. The stuff is stiff, lightweight, and strong as hell. Highlights on the Demo 8 also include a burly 1.5-inch forged head tube and, with its distinctive single-sided seat mast, it has plenty of access to the bike’s custom-tuned FOX VAN RC shock.
As for the ride, the Demo 8 pairs our S3 Geometry with a roomy top tube for added control, ultra-short and nimble chainstays, a low bottom bracket that keeps you feeling planted, and a slack front-end that feels absolutely dialed at high speeds.
The Demo 8 features 200mm of front suspension via a RockShox BoXXer RC 27.5 and 200mm of rear travel, courtesy of the aforementioned, custom-tuned FOX VAN RC. Together, the suspension combo ensures that you'll be able to rocket over any terrain with confidence. And when you add in a build kit that includes SRAM's powerful Guide RS brakes, a durable one-by SRAM drivetrain, and our legendary Butcher and Slaughter DH tires, you get a bike that wants nothing more than to be pushed harder and faster—dollar signs be damned.
- A compelling race machine at any price, it features an M5 alloy construction, Style-Specific Geometry, asymmetric frame design, and burly 1.5” forged head tube.
- FOX Van RC shock has been a mainstay in the gravity scene for years. It provides extraordinary reliability, performance, and bang for your buck.
- RockShox’s BoXXer RC 27.5 fork offers 200mm of smooth, controlled travel.
- FRAME M5 alloy, S3 Geometry, carbon seatstay, BB30, full internal cable routing, 135mm dropouts, lipped and sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm of travel
- FORK RockShox BoXXer RC 27.5, DebonAir spring, adjustable low-speed compression, adjustable rebound, short crown, 20x110mm thru-axle, 48mm offset, 200mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK Custom FOX Van RC, rebound & compression adjust, 9.5x3.0"
- FRONT HUB Specialized disc, alloy flange & disc mount, sealed cartridge bearings, 20x110mm thru-axle, 28h
- REAR HUB Specialized disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x135mm spacing, 32h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS Roval 27.5, alloy, 24mm internal width
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Butcher, DH casing, 60 TPI, wire bead, 27.5 x 2.5"
- REAR TYRE Butcher, DH casing, 60 TPI, wire bead, 27.5 x 2.3"
- CRANKSET Custom SRAM Descendant, BB30, 7050 alloy arms, 165mm, MRP SXg CS ISCG-05 chainguide
- CHAINRINGS Steel, 36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM BB30, 83mm
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM GX, trigger, 10-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX, Type 2.1, short cage
- CASSETTE SRAM PG-1030, 10 speed, 11-36t (*last three cogs removed)
- CHAIN SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Guide RE, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Guide RE, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, 7050 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 800mm width
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Specialized Direct Mount DH Stem, two-piece, forged alloy, 45mm
- SADDLE Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 0mm setback, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 34.9mm
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free General Service
To guarantee that your new bike stays running sweet, we offer a free General Service on all bikes that we sell. Worth $89, we'll do your first one for free at 6 months of ownership. Note that while the General Service labour is free, additional labour or parts cost extra. Bookings are required.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.