2019 Roubaix Sport
Smoother is faster.
Hitting a sweet spot between performance and value, the Roubaix Sport was designed to thrive on long rides through rough country.
The light weight frame has been constructed from our FACT 9r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some sophisticated engineering, however, we've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4, and kept it consistent throughout the size-range with our Rider-First Engineered™ construction.
Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front." We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with our Rolling Efficiency Model, the Roubaix outperforms anything on the market.
Lastly, we spec'd the Roubaix Sport with 105 11-speed mechanical shifting, hassle-free Tektro Spyre mechanical disc brakes, and DT R470 Disc wheels that have been cased in our Turbo Pro 28mm tires.
- Features our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Roubaix. The FACT 9r frameset holds its own with our highest-end carbon offerings, with the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- Shimano's 105 shifting and hydraulic disc brakes ensure reliable shifting and stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- DT R470 Disc wheels feature reliable, sealed cartridge hubs, and 24 front and rear spokes that keeps weight low and durability high.
- FRAME Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-mount disc brakes
- FORK Specialized FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES Presta, 48mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Pro, 700x28mm
- REAR TYRE Turbo Pro, 700x28mm
- CRANKSET Praxis Alba M30, PF30
- CHAINRINGS 50/34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Praxis, external bearings, threaded, 68mm
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano 105
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano 105, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN KMC X10 Extra Lightweight, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano 105, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE Shimano 105, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 125x75mm w/ Di2 hole
- TAPE S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- STEM Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Carbon, single-bolt, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Included w/ frame
|Head Tube Angle||72°||72.25°||72.75°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||90mm||110mm||125mm||150mm||185mm||205mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°|
|Seat Tube Length, BB Center to Top||425mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||563mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||527mm||534.9mm||545mm||561.8mm||576.3mm||588.5mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free General Service
To guarantee that your new bike stays running sweet, we offer a free General Service on all bikes that we sell. Worth $89, we'll do your first one for free at 6 months of ownership. Note that while the General Service labour is free, additional labour or parts cost extra. Bookings are required.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.