2019 S-Works Epic Womens
Lighter, faster and smarter than ever.
Sure, there are other "fast" XC bikes out there, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one with all the features of the new Women's S-Works Epic. With a Rider-First Engineered™ design, refined and improved Brain suspension, and a redesigned frame, the Women's S-Works Epic is the fastest, most capable, and best fitting women's XC bike we've ever created.
Race courses have evolved over the past few years. They're more technical, steeper, and more challenging to ride. But instead of quivering in our boots, we saw this as an opportunity to make something special—something that both World Cup athletes and XC riders alike can instantly feel the benefit from. We looked at the sum of parts that make a bike handle well, like the head angle, reach, stack, chainstay length, fork offset, etc., and reevaluated all of it. Increasing the reach made a bike that was more stable at speed and generally more comfortable to ride. Dropper posts? Yep, those fit, and not just a short-travel XC option, but full-length droppers that fit in the 30.9mm seat tube. Head angle? We slacked that out, but not without evaluating the overall handling package. It now lands on a custom offset, 42mm fork that works with the slacker head angle in order to behave itself in tight corners and through switchbacks.
Next comes Brain 2.0. The original Brain changed the way the bike world looked at suspension, both in its inefficiencies and benefits alike. And oh, was it good. It won races and put a flag in the ground for us as a true leader in innovation and suspension development, but we knew that we could make it better. Simple physics told us that, by moving the Brain closer to the rear axle, it would be in the most sensitive spot. And after countless hours with the RockShox team, the Brain became more than just a slight upgrade. It's totally reborn. Now, it reacts seamlessly to bump forces, it has much more consistent damping performance, and finally, it integrates the hoses into the suspension links. This, in turn, improves oil paths, and it creates an incredibly sleek package that outperforms anything on the market.
The Epic also has a rider Rider-First Engineered™ design that places complex carbon pieces in all the right places, and this greatly increases stiffness in the front-end for a vast improvement in ride quality and control. To go along with this, each frame size has size-specific tubes that result in the stiffest, best riding XC bike we've ever developed—no matter the frame size.
And while stiffness, Brain technology, and geometry features are cool and all, we know what you're thinking, 'What about weight?' We're glad you asked. With the goal of the new Epic to be the fastest XC mountain bike we've ever made, weight was at the top of our priorities list. We started with an efficient frame layout and tube shapes that feature clean cable routing, integrated channels through the shock extension, straight tubes with less curves, and optimized torsion profiles in every section. And, if you're curious, this weight savings is equivalent to shedding a chainstay and shock extension from the previous Epic—nearly 350 grams.
For the S-Works model, the build spares no expense, with a custom RockShox SID World Cup fork with our exclusive Brain technology, a rear RockShox Brain shock at the rear that's custom-tuned for women, a 12-speed SRAM XX1 Eagle groupset, powerful SRAM Level Ultimate brakes, and hand-built, featherweight Roval Control SL carbon fiber wheels.
- S-Works FACT 12m carbon fiber frame is the best combination of stiffness, strength, and light overall weight, resulting in the utmost efficiency and speed. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC bike you've ever been on.
- Our custom RockShox SID WC fork with Brain features a full-carbon upper, top-adjust Brain Fade, and a custom offset, making it the perfect match to the new Epic.
- The Roval Control SL carbon wheels are the ultimate XC wheelset. They feature a 25mm internal width for optimal grip and rolling resistance, a strong, hookless bead rim construction, and weigh-in at a scant 1320g.
- FRAME S-Works FACT 12m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- FORK RockShox SID WC Brain 29, top-adjust Brain Fade, Solo Air, tapered carbon crown/steerer, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 42mm offset, 100mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm
- FRONT HUB Roval Control SL, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h
- REAR HUB Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 54t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS Roval Control SL, hookless carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready, hand-built
- INNER TUBES Presta, 60mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.1"
- CRANKSET SRAM XX1 Eagle, Boost™ 148, 24mm spindle
- CHAINRINGS SRAM Eagle, alloy, 30T
- BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM DUB, threaded BB
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM XX1 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
- CHAIN SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-speed
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS S-Works Carbon Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip
- STEM S-Works SL
- SADDLE Women's Body Geometry Myth Sport, 155mm, thin, steel rails
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 34.9mm, titanium bolt
|Bike Standover Height||765mm||371mm||371mm||371mm|
|Fork Length, Full||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||105mm||120mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°|
|Seat Tube Length||385mm||400mm||434mm||470mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||548mm||568mm||596mm||623mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.