2019 Stumpjumper Evo Pro 27.5
Evo = Progression
Available in limited numbers
If you're looking for a traditional trail bike, you've come to the wrong place. Pack your stuff, say your goodbyes, and get out. But if you're on the hunt for the perfect shred sled—you know, a "trail bike" that you can take down DH trails, huck off blind drops, or plow through the rowdiest of rock gardens—you'll find yourself right at home on the Stumpjumper EVO Pro 27.5.
Who exactly is "EVO" for? EVO is for the shredders—the gnarliest trail riders who live for gravity riding. Big drops, huge kickers, rocks, roots—whatever you throw at it, the Stumpjumper EVO can handle it. EVO uses the same style-specific sizing that's featured on our Demo. This sizing lets you choose the bike that fits the way you ride—not just by the seat tube measurement, like with most bikes—and it narrows things down to two sizes, S2 and S3. These are longer, lower, slacker, and have seat tube and head tube heights that allow you to choose the size that best suits your style and terrain.
We started the construction by creating our own mountain-specific stiffness test, and then we looked at the layout with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to see where we could get the biggest stiffness improvements. This led to a big discovery: The Large and X-Large frames needed more front-end stiffness while the Smalls and Mediums were just fine. We were able to create a frame design that was 20% more efficient. And in the end, this proved to be one of the lightest trail frames on the market, today.
When designing the frame with the stiffness targets being a main goal, we developed a radical new sidearm design. The front-end and rear-end are connected at three points, and the sidearm helps keep all these points super stiff and connected, all while taking about 100 grams out of the rear-end. More explicitly, this minimizes frame flex when the rear suspension is active.
We continued down the suspension path with a custom Rx Trail Tune at the rear shock. Suspension performance is highly dependent on frame, wheel, and rider size, so we use our Rx Tune to get each bike to land in the middle of the adjustment spectrum, and this gives you the biggest possible range to fine-tune your ride. Another focal point of the tune was matching the suspension characteristics between wheel sizes—we developed a specific Rx Tune for each platform. This way, you’ll get perfectly linear suspension.
Steps were also taken to make this bike easy to live with. Threaded bottom brackets make a triumphant return, and we made room for up to a 3.0" tire. You're also free to run whatever aftermarket rear shock you want, since we're using standard metric shocks. We revamped the SWAT™ box, too, making it sleeker, lighter, and with more volume. And customization is furthered with a Flip Chip that lets you to dial-in your Stumpy to your riding style. Switch it from High to Low and it drops your bottom bracket 6mm and slackens the head tube by half-a-degree. Little details also jump out to surprise you, like a newly designed ribbed chainstay protector that makes chain slap a thing of the past and nearly silences the drivetrain. Lastly, we seriously couldn’t make cable routing any easier on carbon models. Full tubes can be found throughout the carbon frame, so all you have to do is push the cable and it’ll come out the other end. No more lazy loop, hidden stashes of magnets, pokey spokes, or pillows to cry in.
We kept the "get gnarly" motto going with the build kit of the Stumpjumper EVO Pro, spec'ing it with Fox front and rear suspension, bomb-proof Roval Traverse Carbon 27.5 wheels, and a 12-speed SRAM GX Eagle groupset.
- With its FACT 11m full carbon frame, 27.5 Trail EVO geometry, and 150mm of travel, the Stumpjumper EVO has been purpose-built to shred the most gravity-defying trails.
- The FOX FLOAT DHX2 Performance Elite rear shock keeps our coveted Rx Trail Tune, while giving you the coil-shock big-hit performance that you know and love.
- A FOX 36 Perfomance Elite fork handles suspension duties up front, with stiff stanchions and plenty of adjustability.
- FRAME FACT 11m full carbon frame, asymmetrical design, 27.5 style-specific EVO Trail Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 150mm of travel
- FORK FOX FLOAT 36 Performance Elite, GRIP2 damper, 15x110mm, 37mm offset, 150mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK FOX DHX2 Performance Elite, Rx Trail Tune, 2-position lever, 210x52.5mm, S2-500lb spring, S3-550lb spring
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h
- REAR HUB DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, 36t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS Roval Traverse Carbon 27.5, hookless carbon, 30mm inner width, hand-built, 2Bliss Ready, 28h
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
- REAR TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
- CRANKSET SRAM GX Eagle, DUB, 170mm
- CHAINRINGS 32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM DUB, threaded BB
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM GX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
- CHAIN SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Code RSC, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Code RSC, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, 7050 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 800mm width
- GRIPS Deity, Knuckleduster, Black
- STEM Specialized Trail, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 5mm rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry Phenom Expert, hollow titanium rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm
- SEATPOST Command Post IRcc, 16-position micro-height adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 34.9mm,160mm of travel
- SEAT BINDER Specialized bolt-type, alloy, 38.6mm
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt
|S2 Low BB||S3 Low BB||S2 High BB||S3 High BB|
|Bike Standover Height||744mm||756mm||749mm||761mm|
|Fork Length, Full||542mm||542mm||542mm||542mm|
|Head Tube Angle||63.5°||63.5°||64°||64°|
|Head Tube Length||110mm||120mm||110mm||120mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||75.6°||76.5°||76.1°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||450mm||400mm||450mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||615mm||647mm||613mm||645mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free General Service
To guarantee that your new bike stays running sweet, we offer a free General Service on all bikes that we sell. Worth $89, we'll do your first one for free at 6 months of ownership. Note that while the General Service labour is free, additional labour or parts cost extra. Bookings are required.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.