2019 Turbo Levo Expert
The power to ride more trails.
In 2016, the original Turbo Levo was one of the first e-bikes to integrate a motor in a way that retained most of a bikes natural feel. Specialized's goal with the Levo was that it had to be, first and foremost, a mountain bike. Whether it's a quick blast up Rapaki after work, multiple laps of your favourite trail in Vic Park or epic singletrack at Craigieburn, the Turbo Levo gives you the power to ride more trails. Even more true today...
The new Turbo Levo Expert takes all of the “get gnarly” attributes of our newest trail bikes—like perfectly-tuned kinematics, a true Trail Geometry, and an optimally-stiff frame—and adds in cutting-edge tech the likes of which the e-MTB world has never seen. We're talking a new custom motor, a higher-capacity battery, and much, much more. So yeah, it gives you the power to ride more trails, but it does so in a way that's better than we ever could have imagined.
This is up there with the lightest full-suspension e-mountain bikes to ever touch dirt. And much of its summer beach body is the result of what we learned while designing the latest Stumpjumper. Case in point is the new Sidearm frame design that gives it an exceptional stiffness-to-weight ratio. Now, the bike is stiffer and has a lower-slung frame that’s more capable on tough descents, even easier to maneuver in technical terrain, and uses less battery power. We’ve also lengthened the reach, kept the chainstays nice and short, slacked out the head angle, steepened the seat angle, and maintained a low center of gravity. You’ll also find a new Flip Chip that lets you adjust the bottom bracket height and head angle in a matter of minutes. It’s dialed.
We managed to increase battery capacity, meanwhile, by 40%. The bike now gets more distance out of every full charge, so there’s no need to worry about getting caught on the trail without enough juice to get you home. The Smart Control feature, available with our Mission Control App, lets you set the power assist to last for either the duration of your ride or until you reach a point you’ve defined yourself. Battery status is now always on view with both the new Turbo Connect Unit and the optional handlebar-mounted Turbo Connect Display.
At the motor, we cut weight with a new magnesium-bodied Specialized 2.1 motor that amplifies your input by up to 410% with absolutely no awkward surges in power. Our engineers in Switzerland devoted years to making this a reality by creating custom software that drives the most cutting-edge motor in its class. And for the suspension, we redesigned it to give you even more control where you need it most. The initial travel is supple, but we added more mid-stroke support, so there’s no wallowing about or blowing through your 150mm of suspension travel on big hits and drops.
This Turbo is also the smartest and best-connected e-MTB to date. Our Turbo Connect Unit is at the center of the top tube, and it connects the bike, via ANT+ and Bluetooth®, to both the outside world and the Turbo Connect Handlebar Display (available aftermarket). Speaking of which, the latest version of the Mission Control App now has more features and is simpler to use than ever before. It lets you easily custom-tune nearly every aspect of the bike, monitor your power use, control your range, perform basic system diagnoses, record and upload rides—there’s even a new Shuttle Mode feature that takes the sting out of long climbs by giving you maximum motor support with less required effort at the pedals.
For the spec, we focused on delivering high performance fun. This means features like a RockShox Pike RC29 fork and Deluxe RT3 rear shock, Roval Traverse 29 wheels cased in Butcher 2.6-inch tires, SRAM 11-speed shifting, and a FACT 9m carbon chassis with an M5 alloy rear-end.
- The Turbo Levo frame is constructed with a FACT 9m carbon fiber chassis and an M5 Premium Aluminum rear-end, making it not only lightweight but also stiff and responsive. The design includes our 29 Trail Geometry that includes a low bottom bracket, lengthy top tube, and short chainstays. Kinematics of the frame have also been perfected, along with rider-tuned stiffness. Cable routing is all internal, including that of the Command Post IR, while the battery is fully integrated in the down tube, while the minimalist motor is mounted in a more secure, lighter way.
- The custom Specialized 2.1 Rx Trail-tuned motor is more efficient, 15% smaller, and 11% lighter than its predecessor. This successfully places it at the top of e-bike motor technology. It has many other features that no other e-bike can touch, like instant engagement, fantastic heat management, a double freewheel design that disengages the gear box when you hit top speed, and silent, smooth, and consistent output—even at max power.
- This Turbo’s new Specialized M2-series battery features a 700Wh capacity, providing you with 40% more capacity and range, and even more power to ride more trails. It, of course, still seamlessly integrated inside the frame and is easily removable, too.
- FRAME FACT 9m Carbon w/ M5 alloy rear triangle, 29 Trail Geometry, Integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, Command Post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 150mm of travel
- FORK RockShox Pike RC29, 150mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK RockShox Deluxe RT3 w/ custom valve, 150mm of travel
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h
- REAR HUB DT Swiss 360, 3-pawl design, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Revolution
- RIMS Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, tubeless ready, 28h
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
- REAR TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
- CRANKSET Praxis, 2D cold-forged alloy, custom offset, 165mm
- CHAINRINGS 32T, custom steel
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM S700, single-click lever
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM X1, 11-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM XG-1175, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CHAIN KMC X11ET, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Trail, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Specialized Trail, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree, S/M 40mm / L/XL 50mm
- SADDLE Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized Command Post 34.9mm, 130mm of travel (Size: Small), 160mm of travel (Sizes: M/XL)
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 38.6mm
- MOTOR Specialized 2.1, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE Specialized TCU, 10-LED state of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®, handlebar remote with walk-assist
- BATTERY Turbo M2-700, fully integrated w/ rock guard, 700 Wh
- CHARGER Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
- WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized wiring harness
|Bike Standover Height||760mm||760mm||781mm||787mm|
|Fork Length, Full||560mm||560mm||560mm||560mm|
|Head Tube Angle||66.04°||66.04°||66.04°||66.04°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||125mm||140mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.04°||74.79°||74.48°||74.14°|
|Seat Tube Length||380mm||410mm||455mm||505mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||577mm||600mm||631mm||664mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.