2019 Turbo Como 3.0
Your pedal-assist lifestyle bike.
It's cool to go fast, but it's only fun if you're comfortable. Sadly, speed and comfort rarely come together, but the Turbo Como 3.0 650b is out to change that. With a comfortable geometry, a sleek, stylish design, and our exclusive, award-winning technology, you'll get an extra jolt of power that'll make riding just as fun as it is functional. Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.2 E motor, the Turbo Como proves itself as the ultimate city bike. The 1.2 E uses the same hardware as our 1.2 motor, but it features a tune that prioritizes efficiency. This means less peak torque and maximum output. Of course, it still features a near-silent operating design with our Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill at, say, a traffic light both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations. For the Como 3.0, we developed a custom Specialized U1-460 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city. If you wish to see exactly how far you can go on a charge, have a look at our Turbo Range Calculator for more exact estimates. The new Turbo Connect Display (TCD) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays basic ride metrics (speed, cadence, power, battery level, and time), but it also lets you toggle between modes. Its design, meanwhile, is rugged and clean. As for the latest version of the Mission Control App, you'll find that it now has more features and is even more intuitive to use. It lets you custom-tune nearly every aspect of the bike with ease, monitor your power usage, control your range, perform basic system diagnoses, and record/upload rides. For this model, we included smooth and agile 650b wheels have been paired with cushy 2.3-inch tires, so it can roll over most cracks, bumps, and holes with ease to ensure that nothing stands in your way on your path to a good time. And to top off all of these innovative features, we spec'd it with components that are sure to keep you rolling worry-free for the long run. This means that you'll find Shimano 9-speed components, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, racks, fenders, and bright LED lights at the front and rear of the bike.
- The custom aluminum frame on the Como cleanly houses the battery and motor, while still keeping the lightweight properties that E5 is known for.
- The Turbo Como’s Specialized 1.2 E motor emphasizes efficiency and range. It's also fully integrated with the frame, and has been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 460 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range. For range estimates based upon a variety of variables, please refer to our Turbo Range Calculator.
The Turbo Como has been revised for 2019.
- The Brose motor, called the 1.2e ("e" for Economy), was revised to offer more range over the previous 1.2 motor.
- The 460 Wh battery has 15% more capacity than the previous 400 Wh.
- Now comes with a front light and rear light integrated into the saddle.
- The drivetrain was upgraded to Shimano Alivio 9-speed from Shimano Acera 8-speed.
- FRAME E5 Aluminum, bottom bracket motor mount, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
- FORK Turbo Como aluminum disc fork, 15x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT HUB Specialized front hub disc, sealed bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- SPOKES Stainless, 14g
- RIMS 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h
- INNER TUBES Schrader, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"
- REAR TYRE Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"
- CRANKSET Custom alloy forged crankarms
- CHAINRINGS 48T, custom alloy
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Alivio, 9-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Alivio, Shadow Design, SGS cage, 9-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano CS-HG200, 9-speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN Shimano E6070, 9-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Tektro HD-T275, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE Tektro HD-T275, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, alloy, 30-degree backsweep, 26mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Body Geometry Contour
- STEM Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- SADDLE Body Geometry "The Cup," 6-degree rise, elastomer base, steel rails, SWAT™ compatible mounts, 245mm
- SEATPOST Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, bolt-type, 34.9mm
- MOTOR Specialized 1.2 E, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE Specialized TCD-W w/ handlebar remote & built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, 5 available display pages
- BATTERY Specialized U1-460, On/Off button, state of charge display, 460Wh
- CHARGER Custom Specialized 42V2A Charger w/ Rosenberger plug, AC power cord included
- WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized harness
- HEADLIGHT Herrmans MR4 -Bike, stainless bracket for rigid fork, 6V
- TAILLIGHT Specialized integrated saddle mount, LED technology, 6V
- KICKSTAND Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- BELL Simple bell
- PEDALS Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
|Head Tube Angle||68°||68°||68°|
|Head Tube Height||190mm||225mm||280mm|
|Seat Tube Angle, Actual||68°||68°||68°|
|Seat Tube Length, Center to Top||420mm||450mm||500mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||620mm||660mm||690mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.