2019 Turbo Levo
The power to ride more trails.
In 2016, the original Turbo Levo was one of the first e-bikes to integrate a motor in a way that retained most of a bikes natural feel. Specialized's goal with the Levo was that it had to be, first and foremost, a mountain bike. Whether it's a quick blast up Rapaki after work, multiple laps of your favourite trail in Vic Park or epic singletrack at Craigieburn, the Turbo Levo gives you the power to ride more trails. Even more true today...
Fun. It's a feeling we're always trying to maximize, and there’s no better way to do it than with some singletrack shredding. But whether it’s for lack of time, motivation, or injury, too many aren't getting enough of it, and we that made us sad. We have a cure, though—the all-new Turbo Levo. It rides just like a modern trail bike should, and it delivers you the power to ride more trails at a price that won't leave you destitute, living in a van down by the trailhead.
This Turbo Levo takes much of what we learned while designing the latest Stumpjumper. Case in point is the new Sidearm frame design that gives it an exceptional stiffness-to-weight ratio. Now, the bike is stiffer and has a lower-slung frame that’s more capable on tough descents, even easier to maneuver in technical terrain, and uses less battery power. We’ve also lengthened the reach, kept the chainstays nice and short, slacked out the head angle, steepened the seat angle, and maintained a low center of gravity. You’ll also find a new Flip Chip that lets you adjust the bottom bracket height and head angle in a matter of minutes. It’s dialed.
We managed to increase battery capacity, meanwhile, by 40%. The bike now gets more distance out of every full charge via a new Specialized M2-500 500 Wh battery. The Smart Control feature, available with our Mission Control App, lets you set the power assist to last for either the duration of your ride or until you reach a point you’ve defined yourself. Battery status is now always on view with both the new Turbo Connect Unit and the optional handlebar-mounted Turbo Connect Display.
At the motor, we cut weight with a new magnesium-bodied Specialized 2.1 motor that amplifies your input by up to 410% with absolutely no awkward surges in power. Our engineers in Switzerland devoted years to making this a reality by creating custom software that drives the most cutting-edge motor in its class. And for the suspension, we redesigned it to give you even more control where you need it most. The initial travel is supple, but we added more mid-stroke support, so there’s no wallowing about or blowing through your 150mm of suspension travel on big hits and drops.
This Turbo is also the smartest and best-connected e-MTB to date. Our Turbo Connect Unit is at the center of the top tube, and it connects the bike, via ANT+ and Bluetooth®, to both the outside world and the Turbo Connect Handlebar Display (available aftermarket). Speaking of which, the latest version of the Mission Control App now has more features and is simpler to use than ever before. It lets you easily custom-tune nearly every aspect of the bike, monitor your power use, control your range, perform basic system diagnoses, record and upload rides—there’s even a new Shuttle Mode feature that takes the sting out of long climbs by giving you maximum motor support with less required effort at the pedals.
For the spec, we focused on delivering tons of fun at a tremendous value. This boils down to features like a RockShox Sektor RL fork and Deluxe RT rear shock, tough 29-inch alloy wheels cased in Butcher 2.6-inch tires, SRAM NX/S700 11-speed shifting, SRAM Level T brakes, and an M5 alloy frame.
- The completely redesigned alloy Levo frame features an M5 alloy front- and rear-end, an asymmetrical design, and our 29 Trail Geometry, so it's just the right amount of both capable and comfortable. Kinematics of the frame have also been perfected, along with rider-tuned stiffness. Cable routing is all internal, including that of the Command Post IR, while the battery is fully integrated in the down tube, while the minimalist motor is mounted in a more secure, lighter way.
- The custom Specialized 2.1 Rx Trail-tuned motor is more efficient, 15% smaller, and 11% lighter than its predecessor. This successfully places it at the top of e-bike motor technology. It has many other features that no other e-bike can touch, like instant engagement, fantastic heat management, a double freewheel design that disengages the gear box when you hit top speed, and silent, smooth, and consistent output—even at max power.
- This Turbo’s new Specialized M2-series battery features a 500Wh capacity. And, of course, still seamlessly integrated inside the frame and is easily removable, too.
- FRAME Specialized M5 Premium Aluminum, 29 Trail Geometry, integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, Command Post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 150mm of travel
- FORK RockShox Sektor RL, 29" Boost™, 150mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK RockShox Deluxe RT w/ custom air valve, 150mm of travel
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless ready
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
- REAR TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
- CRANKSET Praxis, 2D cold-forged alloy, custom offset, 165mm
- CHAINRINGS 32T, custom steel
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM S700, single-click lever
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM NX, 11-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CHAIN KMC X11ET, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Level T, hydraulic disc, 4-Piston Caliper, 200mm
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Level T hydraulic disc, 2-Piston Caliper, 200mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Trail, 6061 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Specialized Trail, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 5mm offset, micro-adjust, 34.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 38.6mm
- MOTOR Specialized 2.1, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE Specialized TCU, 10-LED state of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®, handlebar remote with walk-assist
- BATTERY Turbo M2-500, fully integrated w/ rock guard, 500Wh
- CHARGER Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
- WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized wiring harness
|Bike Standover Height||760mm||760mm||781mm||787mm|
|Fork Length, Full||560mm||560mm||560mm||560mm|
|Head Tube Angle||66.04°||66.04°||66.04°||66.04°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||125mm||140mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.04°||74.79°||74.48°||74.14°|
|Seat Tube Length||380mm||410mm||455mm||505mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||577mm||600mm||631mm||664mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.