2019 Turbo Vado Men's 1.0
Busy lives call for faster bikes
What's the one thing that comes to mind when you think about riding a Turbo? We'll help you if you haven't ridden one yet: A smile! It's the one thing that you can't help but have on your face when you're riding a Turbo, and the Vado 1.0 is no exception.
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.2E motor, the Vado proves itself as the ultimate city bike. It features a silently operating design with our Custom Rx Street tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for the urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations. Perfect.
For the Vado 1.0, we developed a custom Specialized U1-400 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and is easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, with a top speed of 28mph, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, make a trip to the grocery store, or to even head over to that new café on the other side of town.
We also developed a custom 2.2-inch smart computer that lets you view your battery level and toggle various ride metrics such as speed, distance, and time. You can also peruse these screens via the custom handlebar remote without ever removing your hands from the bars.
To top off all of these innovative features, we chose a wallet-friendly build for the Turbo Vado 1.0, so it features a range of Shimano 8-speed components and powerful hydraulic disc brakes that stop on a dime.
- The Vado features a lightweight alloy frame that’s been designed with our Fitness/Transportation Geometry.
- The Vado’s Specialized 1.2E motor is fully integrated with the frame, and it's also been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 400 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range.
- FRAME Turbo Aluminum, bottom bracket motor mount, Fitness/Transportation Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
- FORK SR Suntour MOBIE30, steel steerer, 9mm Open Dropout, 50mm of travel
- FRONT HUB Specialized 6-bolt disc, ball bearings, 9x100mm spacing, 28h
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SPOKES Stainless, 14g
- RIMS 700C disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, no eyelets
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47mm
- REAR TYRE Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47mm
- CRANKSET Custom alloy forged crankarms
- CHAINRINGS 40T w/ chainguard, 104 BCD
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Acera, 8-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Acera, SGS cage, 8-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano HG41, 8-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN KMC X8 w/ Missing Link™, 8-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Tektro HD-T275, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE Tektro HD-T275, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Body Geometry Contour
- STEM Specialized Flowset, alloy, 20-degree w/ display mount, 31,8mm
- SADDLE Specialized Canopy Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, bolt-type, 34.9mm
- MOTOR Specialized 1.2E, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE Custom 2.2" LCD display, USB plug, stem mount w/ custom handlebar remote
- BATTERY Turbo U1-400, on/off button, state of charge display, 400Wh
- CHARGER Custom charger, 42V2A w/ Rosenberger plug
- WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized wiring harness
- KICKSTAND Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- BELL Simple bell
- PEDALS Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
|BB to top of Head-Tube, Horizontal||396mm||406mm||428mm||441mm|
|BB to top of Head-Tube, Vertical||619mm||619mm||629mm||652mm|
|Seat-Tube Length, B-B Center to Top vertical||400mm||450mm||500mm||550mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.