2017 Sequoia Merz
Jim Merz is a legendary frame builder, so it should stand to reason that any frame bearing his name has to be, well, legendary in its own right. Specialized was up to the challenge, but they thought it would just be easier to ask him to help us construct the Sequoia Merz Edition. Each bike will be hand-numbered and only produced one time. It features a Pro-level frameset in an Expert build.
- The Sequoia is built from Premium Cr-Mo, size-specific tubing. This ensures that every frame is strong, light, and capable, while every frame size rides exactly as intended. This philosophy is furthered with Adventure Geometry that provides ample confidence over rough and smooth terrain, alike. And lastly, its equipped this frame with fender & rack mounts to make sure you'll be well equipped whenever adventure strikes.
- A beefy FACT carbon fiber fork is sure to take the sting out of harsh roads. And when you're deep into said roads, you'll be thankful for the extra water bottle mount found on its fork leg.
- Hand-built Adventure Gear Cruzero wheels are cased in 700x42mm 2Bliss Ready tires to be tough, strong, and fast rolling. It's the ideal wheelset for anyone looking to skip town at speed.
- FRAME Heat-treated custom-butted Premium Cr-Mo & stainless steel size- specific tubing, internal light cable routing, Adventure Geometry, flat disc mount, fender/rack mounts, stainless steel drive-side chainstay
- FORK Specialized FACT carbon, tapered, internal light cable routing, flat mount disc, water bottle/rack/fender mounts
- FRONT WHEEL Specialized Adventure Gear Cruzero
- REAR WHEEL Specialized Adventure Gear Cruzero
- FRONT TYRE Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, 2Bliss Ready, 700x42mm
- REAR TYRE Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, 2Bliss Ready, 700x42mm
- CRANKSET SRAM Force Carbon X-SYNC w/ 42T
- CHAINRINGS 42T
- BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM GXP, 73mm
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM Force Hydraulic Disc
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM Force 1, Type 2.1, long cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Deore XT, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CHAIN SRAM PCX1
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Adventure Gear Hover
- STEM Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- SADDLE Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single bolt, reflective, 27.2mm
- SEAT BINDER Specialized, alloy, 29.8mm
|Bike Stand-Over Height||736mm||750mm||772mm||791mm||812mm||832mm|
|Fork Length (full)||400mm||400mm||400mm||400mm||400mm||400mm|
|Top-Tube Length (horizontal)||508mm||522mm||550mm||570mm||587mm||603mm|