2017 Venge Expert Disc ViAS
The Venge ViAS Expert Disc w/ Ultegra delivers World Tour performance at a price that competitive riders will find more than palatable. Every facet of it was born in the Specialized Win Tunnel, and the result is a bike with supreme braking and a 116-second advantage, compared to the Tarmac, over 40km. In the Win Tunnel, every tube shape, trailing edge, and design cue was made for speed. It's also Rider-First Engineered™ to ensure that every frame size experiences uniform performance, plus front-end stiffness was increased by 30% over the Tarmac. As one of the first elements to hit the wind, Specialized realised that current stem and bar offerings cause too much aerodynamic drag. To achieve the best solution, while also interfacing with the frame, they found a negative 17-degree stem was the best option. Most riders aren't flexible enough to ride in such an aggressive position, though, so they designed the Aerofly bars with a positive rise that replicates your most efficient position. This resulted in a bike that has next-to-no visible cables. Of course, this disc iteration changes the game with undeniable stopping power with any penalty to the aerodynamic profile, so you get powerful hydraulic disc braking without any sacrifice.
- FRAME FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, internal cable routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, carbon OSBB
- FORK FACT carbon, full monocoque
- FRONT WHEEL DT R460 Disc Pro, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR WHEEL DT R460 Disc Pro, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
- INNER TUBES 700x20/28mm, 48mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE S-Works Turbo, 700x24mm, 220TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection
- REAR TYRE S-Works Turbo, 700x24mm, 220TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection
- CRANKSET Specialized Pro carbon
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Enduro BB30
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano ST-RS685, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CHAIN Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano, hydraulic, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra, hydraulic, resin pads w/fins
- HANDLEBARS Specialized S-Works Aerofly w/out holes, 25mm
- TAPE Specialized Roubaix
- STEM Specialized Pro 4-bolt alloy
- SADDLE Body Geometry Power Expert, hollow titaniumrails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized Venge, FACT carbon
- SEAT BINDER Specialized Venge assembly
|Bike Stand-Over Height||692mm||730mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length (full)||358mm||358mm||358mm||358mm||358mm||358mm||358mm|
|Top-Tube Length (horizontal)||511mm||518mm||536mm||547mm||565mm||581mm||600mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.