2018 Camber Mens Comp Carbon 29 (demo bike)
The speed-loving trail bike.
While big travel trail bikes are pretty awesome, they aren't always the best tools for the job. So when speed, efficiency, and capability are at the top of your wish list, the Camber Comp Carbon 29 is sure to get the job done. With its fast 29-inch rolling stock, this Camber is designed for speed over the entire trail.
This is achieved by combining a FACT 9m carbon fibre Trail Chassis with a M5 alloy Camber FSR rear end. The combination results in blending lightweight, rigidity, and durability in one package. At both ends of the bike, you'll find sufficient travel lengths that deliver plenty of plush suspension—all without going overboard on big hit capability. This means that you don't have to sacrifice efficiency, weight, or sheer speed to ride how you want.
The other trail component of the Camber is utility, and along these lines, it features a fully integrated SWAT™ Door at the down tube of the frame. Open it up, and you're able to safely and securely house your ride essentials right where you want them—on the bike.
For the build, Specialized selected components that focus on strength and performance, like a SRAM GX/NX one-by drivetrain, powerful SRAM Level TL hydraulic disc brakes, a tried-and-true RockShox Reba RL fork, and a Command Post IRcc dropper with up to 10 mid-positions.
- FACT 9m carbon Trail Chassis w/ Camber FSR M5 alloy rear end is mated with a Trail 29 Geometry to form a bike that's just as at home on the climbs as it is mowing over rough trail sections. You'll also find internal cable routing for clean lines and minimal maintenance and an integrated SWAT™ Door for zero-hassle storage of your trail essentials.
- A RockShox Reba RL 29 fork is implemented to deliver 120mm of plush, trail taming travel, while accommodating a 15x100mm thru-axle for reliable handling and durability over rough, bumpy, or loose terrain. It also features a Rx Trail Tune for the ultimate in performance and feel.
- SRAM GX 11-speed rear derailleur grants you access to a wide range of gears, while providing crisp, reliable shifting.
- FRAME FACT 9m carbon front chassis w/ Specialized M5 Aluminum rear end, 29 Trail Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, PF30 BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, Concentric Pivot link, 12x142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 120mm of travel
- FORK RockShox Reba RL 29, tapered alloy steerer, 51mm offset, external rebound adjust, low speed comp to lockout, custom 15mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 120mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK FOX FLOAT Performance, Rx Trail Tune, AUTOSAG, DPS damper, rebound and 3-position compression adjust, 205x53mm
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearing, 15x100mm thru-axle, 24h
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x142mm thru-axle, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry, stainless, 3-cross, 2.0"
- RIMS Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm internal width, tubeless-ready, 24/28h
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Purgatory, GRIPTON compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
- REAR TYRE Ground Control, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
- CRANKSET Race Face Aeffect crank, 170/175mm arms, PF30
- CHAINRINGS Steel, 28T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Race Face PF30
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CHAIN SRAM PC-1110, 11-speed w/ PowerLink
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Level TL disc lever/caliper, organic pads, 200/180mm rotors
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Level TL disc lever/caliper, organic pads, 180/160mm rotors
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 750mm width
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Command Post IRcc, 12-position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm of travel
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 34.9mm
- PEDALS Specialized Platform, Cr-Mo, 9/16" spindle
|Bike Standover Height||732mm||735mm||752mm||766mm|
|Fork Length, Full||531mm||531mm||531mm||531mm|
|Head Tube Angle||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||115mm||145mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75°||75°||75°||75°|
|Seat Tube Length||396mm||430mm||468mm||523mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||562mm||590mm||613mm||647mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.