2018 Chisel Womens Comp
The women's XC hardtail with added trail DNA.
If you're thinking about taking the plunge into XC racing, do it with the Women's Chisel Comp. It embodies all of the qualities you'd expect from an XC race bike, like light overall weight, incredible stiffness, and a women's-specific geometry that's sure to bring obtainable performance to the masses.
Traditional welding methods create frame joints by connecting tubes to cylinders, leaving the performance and security of the connection up to the skill of the welder. D'Aluisio (DSW), however, allows us to move the joint away from the area of the highest stress, making for a lighter frameset that's stiff, compliant, and incredibly strong—the optimal characteristics of a hardtail XC rig. So what does this mean for you? You'll be powering up climbs, shredding singletrack, and everything in between on a bike that has you questioning why alloy has gotten such a bad rap.
And to further improve this feel, the Chisel also features XC 29 geometry which took the previous XC race geo and added some trail DNA to the mix. This equates to a longer top tube, a shortened head tube, and a slacked out front end, the result of which is a tremendous increase in downhill stability, plus a wider fit range. And just as importantly, this doesn't require any sacrifice of climbing proficiency.
The build on this Chisel features a mix of reliable Shimano components, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, and 25-millimeter-wide alloy wheels that are optimised for weight and traction. Even better, almost every component has been tailored specifically for women, from the handlebar width to the crankarm length all the way to the superlative Myth Sport saddle.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminium was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with speed-focused Women's XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance.
- Rocks and bumps are soaked up via the RockShox Judy fork with 90/100 millimeters of travel. It features proprietary technology from RockShox, like its Solo Air™ spring that maintains an ideal equilibrium, as well as being one of the lightest air springs on the market.
- The Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur is one of the most sought after components in mountain biking. It's remarkably reliable, precise and crisp in its shifting, and is nothing if not durable.
- FRAME Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK RockShox Judy 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- FRONT HUB Front hub, disc, 15x110mm spacing, torque caps, 32h
- REAR HUB Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- SPOKES Stainless, 14g
- RIMS Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE Fast Trak, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- CRANKSET Stout XC Alloy Boost
- CHAINRINGS Stout 36/22T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Threaded BSA
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Deore, i-spec clamp, 10-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore down swing, 2x10
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Deore, 10-speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN KMC X10, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle
- STEM Specialized Alloy, 3D forged, 4-bolt, 6-degree
- SADDLE Women's Body Geometry Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm
- SEAT BINDER Specialized Alloy 30.8mm
- PEDALS Specialized Platform, 9/16" spindle
|Bike Standover Height||731mm||760mm||790mm||814mm|
|Fork Length, Full||486mm||496mm||506mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||95mm||110mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||74°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length||370mm||400mm||430mm||470mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||548mm||567mm||594mm||622mm|