2018 Enduro Elite 29/6Fattie
The original long travel 29er.
Specialized gave the Enduro a geometry that features a slacker front end, a longer top tube, short chainstays, and a lower bottom bracket. All of this together makes the bike truly feel glued to the ground, and the platform is more responsive and capable then ever.
They even added some cool bits, like integrated storage with a SWAT™ Door at the down tube, and made "old" new again by making a triumphant return to a threaded bottom bracket. To keep the weight down, the frame is constructed with the legendary X-Wing layout with a FACT 9m carbon fibre chassis and M5 alloy rear end. And to ensure top-level performance on the descents, this material choice is greeted by 160mm of plush rear and 160mm front travel, plus a geometry that can be "adjusted" via a shock extension with a "low/high" setting.
Handling suspension duties out back, meanwhile, is the talk of the town rear shock, the RockShox Monarch Plus with an Rx All Mountain Tune. And for the icing on the cake, they even made this Enduro to be compatible with their 6Fattie Wheel/Tyre system (wheels and tyres not included), so you'll always be ready for the trail ahead.
For the build, this Enduro is packed with drool-worthy gear, like SRAM one- by 11-speed shifting, powerful Code R brakes, hand-built Roval wheels, and a Öhlins RXF 36 fork up front.
- The frame has an X-Wing layout with a FACT 9m carbon chassis and an M5 alloy rear end. Together, these elements combine to form the perfect balance of low weight, responsive handling, and unparalleled strength. It's also been built off their 29 Geometry, which lends itself to running 6Fattie wheels and tyres (only a 7mm BB drop), in order to provide an aggressive, well-rounded ride. And with internal Command Post IR routing, a return to a threaded bottom bracket, and an integrated SWAT™ Door at the down tube, you get a bike that's clean, dependable, and ready for anything that the trail has to offer.
- Featuring a three-chamber air spring, the Öhlins RXF 36 fork stays smooth and high in the travel without compromising bump absorption, traction, or stability. It also features low-speed and rebound adjustments, and sports 160mm of plush travel.
- SRAM's 11-speed GX serves up powerful and precise one-by shifting, so you can say goodbye to dropped chains and unnecessary grams.
- FRAME FACT 9m, X-Wing layout, carbon front chassis, M5 alloy rear end, All Mountain Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, ManFu link, oversized pivot bearings, alloy link and adjustable shock extension, 12x148mm dropouts, replaceable derailleur hanger, 160mm of travel
- FORK Öhlins RXF 36, 29/6Fattie, Single-Tube design, air spring w/ adjustable 3rd chamber, adjustable low-speed compression, adjustable rebound, 15x110mm thru-axle, 51mm offset, 160mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK RockShox Monarch Plus w/ AUTOSAG, 3-position compression adjust, rebound adjust, custom tune, 57.1x215.9mm
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 24h
- REAR HUB DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, 36t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Revolution
- RIMS Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
- REAR TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
- CRANKSET Race Face Aeffect alloy crank, 24mm spindle, 28t direct mount ring, 6000 series alloy
- CHAINRINGS Steel, 28T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Race Face PF30
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM XG 1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CHAIN KMC X11, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 200mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 180mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS Specialized DH, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 27mm rise, 800mm, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Command Post IRcc, 12-position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote adjust SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm of travel
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 38.6mm
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt