2018 Rockhopper Mens Pro 29
If you're ready to take your trail riding to the next level, let us introduce you to your new friend, the Rockhopper Pro. Specialized built it to be light, durable, and exceedingly capable.
It starts with a new A1 SL alloy frame that has optimised tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the new Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes spec'd with a mix of renowned Shimano SLX and Deore components, powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes that'll stop on a dime, and grippy Ground Control tyres that deliver superior control over almost any kind of terrain.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Aluminium in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support the acclaimed XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends with equal aplomb.
- A Manitou Markhor 29 fork offers 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of plush, trail taming travel and stiff 30mm stanchions.
- It's hard to beat the blend of durability, reliability, and performance that the Shimano SLX rear derailleur provides. It's designed to take a hit, and more importantly, its shifting is crisp, precise, and always on the money.
- FRAME A1 SL Aluminum, Sport XC 29 Geometry, tapered head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- FORK Manitou Markhor 29, rebound adjust, TS air spring, tapered alloy steerer, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size specific), 51mm offset
- FRONT HUB Shimano Center Lock, disc, 100x9mm QR, 24h
- REAR HUB Shimano Center Lock, disc, 135x9mm QR, 28h
- SPOKES Stainless, 14g
- RIMS Stout XC SL 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.1"
- CRANKSET Stout 2x10, forged alloy
- CHAINRINGS 36/22T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Threaded external, 73mm BB
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Deore, 2x10
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore FD-M618, 34.9mm clamp, down-swing
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano SLX, Shadow Plus, SGS Cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE Sunrace, 10-Speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN KMC X10, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano BR-M365, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE Shimano BR-M365, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS Stout XC, double-butted alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 700mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, XS/S: regular thickness, M/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt
|Bike Standover Height||715mm||750mm||775mm||814mm||845mm|
|Fork Length, Full||486mm||496mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||95mm||110mm||125mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||73.9°||73.8°||73.7°||73.6°|
|Seat Tube Length||370mm||400mm||430mm||470mm||520mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||549mm||568mm||595mm||623mm||649mm|