2018 Rockhopper Womens Expert 29
The Women's Rockhopper Expert 29 is the perfect bike to begin your dive into the XC world. That's because they built it to be light, durable, and exceedingly capable.
It starts with Specialized's new A1 SL alloy frame that has optimised tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the new Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes spec'd with a mix of durable Shimano components, powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, grippy Ground Control tyres, and an SR Suntour XCR-Air fork with just the right amount of travel. You'll also find that Specialized paid special attention to the needs of female riders, which is why every width and length of the components is tailored to women, while the Body Geometry Myth Sport saddle is sure to deliver comfort, mile after mile along the trail.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 SL aluminium in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support acclaimed Women's XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends with equal aplomb.
- SR Suntour XCR-Air fork features 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of suspension travel that swings well above its weight class.
- Shimano Deore rear derailleur provides crisp, reliable shifting that you can count on when the going gets rough. With it, you'll be able to precisely move through the wide gear range to make cruising the flats almost as easy climbing those hills.
- FRAME A1 SL Aluminum, Women's Sport XC 29 Geometry, tapered head tube,internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- FORK SR Suntour XCR-Air 29, rebound adjust, air spring, tapered alloy steerer, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), 51mm offset
- FRONT HUB Shimano Center Lock, disc, 100x9mm QR, 28h
- REAR HUB Shimano Center Lock, disc, 100x9mm QR, 28h
- SPOKES Stainless, 14g, black
- RIMS Stout XC 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 28/32h
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.1"
- CRANKSET Stout, forged alloy, 3x9
- CHAINRINGS 44/32/22T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Acera 3x9
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Altus FD-M371, 34.9mm clamp, down-swing
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore, 9-speed
- CASSETTE Sunrace, 9-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS Stout double-butted alloy, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 700mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- STEM Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt
|Bike Standover Height||715mm||750mm||775mm||814mm|
|Fork Length, Full||486mm||496mm||506mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||95mm||110mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||73.9°||73.8°||73.7°|
|Seat Tube Length||370mm||400mm||430mm||470mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||549mm||568mm||595mm||623mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.