2018 Roubaix Sport
Smoother is faster.
Hitting a sweet spot between performance and value, the Roubaix Sport was designed to thrive on long rides through rough country.
The light weight frame has been constructed from FACT 9r carbon fibre. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Specialized has managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4, and kept it consistent throughout the size-range due to Rider-First Engineered construction.
The key fearture is the Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. It's developed in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Roubaix. The FACT 9r frameset holds its own with high-end carbon offerings, with the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- A Roubaix Disc fork is built from FACT carbon fibre for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- Shimano 105 shifting gives you crisp, precise, and reliable shifts. The system is renowned for its durability, performing in adverse conditions with the batting an eyelash.
- FRAME Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK Specialized FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- CRANKSET Praxis Alba 2D
- CHAINRINGS 50/34T
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano 105
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 Ez, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano 105, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-32t
- CHAIN KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- TAPE S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- STEM Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt
|Head Tube Angle||72°||72.25°||72.75°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||90mm||110mm||125mm||150mm||185mm||205mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°|
|Seat Tube Length, BB Center to Top||425mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||563mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||527mm||534.9mm||545mm||561.8mm||576.3mm||588.5mm|