2018 Ruby Elite
Smoother is faster.
Who said that performance and comfort don't mix? It sure wasn't us, because our Ruby Elite combines the two in one seamless, unprecedented package.
The frame is among the lightest that we've ever made, and it's been constructed from our superlative FACT 10r carbon fibre. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, we've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4's Women's Endurance Geometry. Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front."
We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with our Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Ruby outperforms anything on the market.
Lastly, we spec'd it with a host of components that blur the lines between steadfast reliability and outright performance, like Shimano 105 11-speed shifting, powerful RS505 hydraulic disc brakes, strong DT R470 wheels, and a women's-specific saddle.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Ruby. The FACT 10r frameset is exceptional in every way, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness. Meanwhile, the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- The Ruby Disc fork is built from our extraordinary FACT carbon fibre for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- Comes equipped with a 25lbs spring installed (colour: black, weight: medium), and also includes both 13lbs (colour: blue, weight: soft) and 40lbs (colour: yellow, weight: firm) springs that can be installed to match the terrain you're riding.
- FRAME Specialized FACT 10r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-disc mounts
- FORK Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- CRANKSET Shimano RS510
- CHAINRINGS 50/34T
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano RS505 disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 Ez, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano 105, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-32t
- CHAIN KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano RS505, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE Shimano RS505, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- TAPE S-WRAP Roubaix w/ Sticky gel
- STEM Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE Lithia Comp Gel, 155mm, nylon shell, gel padding
- SEATPOST Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm
|Head Tube Angle||70°||71°||71.5°||72°||72.5°|
|Head Tube Length||90mm||100mm||120mm||140mm||160mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.5°||74.5°||74°||74°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length, BB Center to Top||363mm||392mm||425mm||462mm||481mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||510mm||517mm||534mm||544mm||550mm|