2018 Ruby Sport
Smoother is faster.
Looking for a bike to explore the road less travelled, while keeping room in your wallet for a mid-ride cappuccino? Look no further than the Ruby Sport.
The frame is among the lightest that Specialized has ever made, and it's been constructed from superlative FACT 9r carbon fibre. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, they've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that you've all come to love from the SL4's Women's Endurance Geometry. Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front."
The Future Shock is a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. Specialized developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, they found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that they could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that Specialized has tested with their Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Ruby outperforms anything on the market.
Lastly, they spec'd it with a host of components that blur the lines between steadfast reliability and outright performance, Shimano 105 shifting, hassle-free mechanical disc brakes, durable Axis Sport Disc wheels, and a women's-specific saddle.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Ruby. The FACT 9r frameset is exceptional in every way, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness. Meanwhile, the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- The Ruby Disc fork is built from an extraordinary FACT carbon fibre for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- Comes equipped with a 25lbs spring installed (colour: black, weight: medium), and also includes both 13lbs (colour: blue, weight: soft) and 40lbs (colour: yellow, weight: firm) springs that can be installed to match the terrain you're riding.
- FRAME Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- CRANKSET Praxis Alba 2D
- CHAINRINGS 50/34T
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano 105
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 Ez, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano 105, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-32t
- CHAIN KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- TAPE S-WRAP Roubaix w/ Sticky gel
- STEM Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE Lithia Comp Gel, 155mm, nylon shell, gel padding
- SEATPOST Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt
- PEDALS Nylon
|Head Tube Angle||70°||71°||71.5°||72°||72.5°|
|Head Tube Length||90mm||100mm||120mm||140mm||160mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.5°||74.5°||74°||74°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length, BB Center to Top||363mm||392mm||425mm||462mm||481mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||510mm||517mm||534mm||544mm||550mm|