More traction not only increases confidence, but it also takes fun to another level—and with the Ruze, you get just that. It's specifically designed from the ground up to give women of all skill levels an advantage on the trail, earning it the nickname of "the ultimate trail hardtail."
Specialized's 6Fattie Wheel/Tire System is the hallmark feature on the Ruze, as it puts out more traction, more floatation, and better handling without sacrificing anything to efficiency on climbs. And to solidify itself as a proper trail machine, this iteration of the Ruze places a focus on blending durability with performance. To do so, we spec'd it with strong alloy rims, a bulletproof one-by drivetrain with plenty of hammering and climbing ability, and a SR Suntour fork with 80mm of travel.
Of course, you also get a host of women's-specific components, plus a Women's Trail Geometry with an ultra-low standover height. It has everything you need to ride harder and go faster, and nothing that you don't.
- When it came to construction, A1 Premium Aluminum proved to be the right material for the job, allowing a lightweight, durable frame with Women’s Trail Geometry that’s equal parts snappy and efficient on climbs and descents, while maintaining an ultra-low standover. It also allowed Specialized to accommodate the 6Fattie Wheel System without compromising on their hallmark short chainstays that provide unrivaled handling and climbing prowess.
- The SR Suntour XCM 6Fattie fork's 80mm of travel soaks up trail bumps, while a Women’s Custom Tune better accommodates lighter riders.
- SRAM GX rear derailleur is precise and strong, so it can face down rock gardens and rough trails while still providing accurate, reliable shifting.
- FRAME Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum w/Smooth Welds, Zero Stack 44 head tube, forged post mount 160mm disc, 141mm QR dropout, alloy replaceable derailleur hanger
- FORK SR Suntour XCM32, 1-/18" steerer, 47mm offset, 32mm stanchion, post mount disc, 15mm thru-axle, 80mm travel
- FRONT HUB Stout 110, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt disc, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h
- REAR HUB Stout 141, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt disc, 10-speed freehub, quick-release, 10x141mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES Stainless, 14g
- RIMS Stout 38 27.5, 19mm rim depth, 38mm internal width, 24/28h
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Ground Control, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 3.0"
- REAR TYRE Fast Trak, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.8"
- CRANKSET Stout, forged alloy, PF30, Cr-Mo spindle, 76mm BCD spider
- CHAINRINGS 28T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM X5, trigger, 10-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX, Type 2.1, long cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE Sunrace, 10-speed, 11-42t
- CHAIN KMC X10, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Tektro Auriga, hydraulic disc brake, organic pads, 180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE Tektro Auriga, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS Stout, double-butted alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, lock-on, half-waffle, regular thickness
- STEM Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE Women's Body Geometry Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST Die cast, 2-bolt, 30.9mm, 12mm offset, zinc finish
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 31.8mm
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt
|Bike Standover Height||652mm||674mm||697mm||722mm|
|Fork Length, Full||500mm||500mm||500mm||500mm|
|Head Tube Angle||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°|
|Head Tube Length||100mm||100mm||110mm||120mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||73°||73°||73°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length||330mm||371mm||417mm||463mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||546mm||566mm||592mm||615mm|