2018 S-Works CruX Frameset
The S-Works CruX frameset is a 'cross-optimised warrior. With its S-Works FACT 11r carbon frame, flat disc brake mounts, and S-Works Fact carbon seatpost, it's ready to be built up exactly how you want it—you have the foundation for a real course crusher. Beginning with the frame, it uses Rider-First Engineered technology that was first introduced on the Tarmacs. Using size-specific tubes and layups, this technology allows the CruX to feature the same ride characteristics across every size in the range. Not only this, but it also allowed us to significantly drop the frame weight, so the CruX now comes in at a scant 900 grams for a 56cm—over 400 grams lighter than the previous frameset.
A light and stiff frame, alone, isn’t useful in a 'cross race if it isn’t compliant, however, which is why the new CruX also combines stiffness and compliance in all the right places. We also know that cyclocross races are often won in the corners and over the barriers, which is why the CruX geometry takes this into account. The top tube has been design for easy shouldering when you're hopping off to clear barriers, as it features a large opening to the front triangle and a flat bottom. For stability in the corners and on off-camber sections, the geometry has a low bottom bracket and a sharp front end. This combination also helps to initiate corners, regardless of the terrain. Select S-Works models feature hydrophobic, mud-shedding paint that reduces the ability for mud to cling to the frame.
- Top-of-the-line S-Works FACT 11r carbon frame features a race-ready 'cross geometry, and comes equipped with thru-axles, 142mm rear spacing, and takes advantage of the highest quality carbon production methods in order to create a bike that's as responsive as it is lightweight.
- The internally routed S-Works FACT carbon disc fork features a thru-axle design that increases steering response and rider input for the tight turns and the all-out efforts 'cross demands.
- The S-Works seatpost is constructed from the highest quality FACT carbon fibre.
- FRAME S-Works FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, 1-3/8" lower bearing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat mount disc, OSBB
- FORK S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- BOTTOM BRACKET OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS C-clips for bottom bracket shell
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon, 20mm offset
|Bike Standover Height||763.5mm||781.5mm||794.5mm||808.5mm||824.5mm||840.5mm||861.5mm|
|Fork Length, Full||400mm||400mm||400mm||400mm||400mm||400mm||400mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5°||70.5°||71.5°||71.5°||72°||72.5°||73°|
|Head Tube Length||100mm||115mm||125mm||140mm||155mm||170mm||190mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5°||75.5°||74°||73.5°||73.25°||73°||72.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||470mm||490mm||510mm||530mm||550mm||570mm||600mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||501mm||509mm||534mm||550mm||563mm||578mm||597mm|