2018 S-Works Roubaix Di2
Smoother is faster.
Every road has its flaws, and you need one bike that takes them all head-on without losing an ounce of performance. If this is ringing true, the S-Works Roubaix with Dura-Ace Di2 is for you. The frame is the lightest that they've ever made, and it's been constructed from top-end FACT 11r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, they've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4. Of course, you're probably thinking, ""get on to the suspension thing up front."" Specialized calls it the Future Shock, and essentially, it's a spring-based piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, they found that focusing on axial compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that they could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that Specialized has tested with their Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Roubaix outperforms anything on the market. Lastly, they spec'd it top of the line equipment, like the futuristic Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 shifting and our all-new Roval CLX 32 carbon wheels.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Roubaix. The S-Works FACT 11r frameset is the highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Road Control "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- An S-Works Roubaix Disc fork is built from top-end FACT 11r carbon fiber for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 shifting offers 11-speeds of electronic wonderment. Shifts are as precise as it gets and the trim adjust up front ensures that chain rub is a thing of the past—no matter how extreme your cross-chaining gets.
- Comes equipped with a 40lbs spring (color: yellow, weight: firm) installed, and also includes both 13lbs (color: blue, weight: soft) and 25lbs (color: black, weight: medium) springs that can be installed to match the terrain you're riding.
- FRAME S-Works FACT 11r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK S-Works FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL CLX 32 Disc, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR WHEEL CLX 32 Disc, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
- INNER TUBES 700x20/28mm, 48mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE S-Works Turbo Road Tubeless, 700x26mm, 180TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt Protection, Gripton
- REAR TYRE S-Works Turbo Road Tubeless, 700x26mm, 180TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt Protection, Gripton
- CRANKSET S-Works FACT Carbon
- CHAINRINGS Specialized by Praxis 50/34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 front derailleur, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 rear derailleur, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Dura-Ace cassette, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN Shimano HG901, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace hydraulic, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace hydraulic, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins
- HANDLEBARS S-Works Hover Carbon, 15mm rise, 125mm drop, 75mm reach
- TAPE S-Wrap Roubaix w/sticky gel
- STEM S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry S-Works Phenom GT, carbon rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single bolt, 27.2mm
|Head Tube Angle||72°||72.25°||72.75°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||90mm||110mm||125mm||150mm||185mm||205mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°|
|Seat Tube Length, BB Center to Top||425mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||563mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||527mm||534.9mm||545mm||561.8mm||576.3mm||588.5mm|