2018 S-Works Ruby eTap
Smoother is faster.
We've known for years that smoother is indeed faster, but until the S-Works Ruby with SRAM eTap came along, we had no idea just how right they were. The frame is among the lightest that Specialized has ever made, and it's been constructed from top-end FACT 11r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Specialized has managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4's Women's Endurance Geometry. Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front." It's called the Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. They developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with a Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Ruby outperforms anything on the market. Lastly, it's spec'd with awesome components, like SRAM's revolutionary eTap shifting, hydraulic disc brakes, new CLX 32 Disc wheels, and a whole host women's-specific comfort features.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Ruby. The S-Works FACT 11r frameset is the highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- An S-Works Ruby Disc fork is built from top-end FACT 11r carbon fiber for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- SRAM Red® eTap 11-speed shifters provide a glimpse into the future of shifting, and double as brake levers for the SRAM Red hydraulic disc brakes. They communicate wirelessly with the front and rear derailleurs for a ground-breaking level of performance, while offering new, intuitive shift capabilities.
- Comes equipped with a 25lbs spring installed (color: black, weight: medium), and also includes both 13lbs (color: blue, weight: soft) and 40lbs (color: yellow, weight: firm) springs that can be installed to match the terrain you're riding.
- FRAME S-Works FACT 11r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel
- FORK S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL CLX 32 Disc, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR WHEEL CLX 32 Disc, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
- INNER TUBES 700x20/28mm, 48mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE S-Works Turbo 2Bliss Ready, 700x26mm, 180TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt Protection, Gripton
- REAR TYRE S-Works Turbo 2Bliss Ready, 700x26mm, 180TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt Protection, Gripton
- CRANKSET SRAM Red 22
- CHAINRINGS 50/34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Threaded SRAM GXP
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM eTap Hydro
- FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM eTap, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM eTap, 11-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM Red 22, 11-speed, 11-32t
- CHAIN SRAM Red 22, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE 2016 SRAM Red HRD
- REAR BRAKE 2016 SRAM Red HRD
- HANDLEBARS S-Works Hover Carbon, 15mm rise, 125mm drop, 70mm reach
- TAPE S-Wrap Roubaix w/sticky gel
- STEM S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Women's Body Geometry Ruby Pro, Adaptive Edge design, carbon rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single bolt, 27.2mm
|Seat Post Length||350mm||350mm||350mm||400mm||400mm||450mm|
|Seat-Tube Length, B-B Center to Top||363mm||392mm||425mm||462mm||481mm||501mm|
|Top-Tube Length, Horizontal||510mm||517mm||534mm||544mm||550mm||581mm|