2018 S-Works Tarmac
The all-new Rider-First Engineered Tarmac.
The previous Tarmac had an exceptional palmarès—a win in every Grand Tour, plus two World Championships—so why a new Tarmac? Innovate or die. And for this reason, the new S-Works Tarmac breaks all the traditions of race bike design to create the fastest bike for all conditions.
To get the weight below 800 grams, Specialized utilised advanced aerospace composite optimisation software to revolutionise the construction and layup of a new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material and schedule they've ever made—the shape, schedule, and material optimisation allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams. A 20% reduction in frame weight.
Specialized then further improved Rider-First Engineered technology to ensure that the new Tarmac is stiff and compliant in exactly the right places. With this revamp, they also updated the geometry—basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled them to develop a performance road geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front end and short wheelbase, delivering instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilised for an optimal ride quality. They designed a seatpost that builds compliance into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen, dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. They also added tyre clearance up to 30mm, which translates to a 28mm Turbo Cotton on a Roval CLX 50 wheel. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but just takes a bit of the sting out of those road imperfections.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac. The S-Works FACT 12r frameset is their highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness.
- S-Works full FACT carbon fork with a tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents.
- A 52/36T S-Works carbon fibre crankset delivers the ultimate in power delivery, with a chainring grouping that's equally suited to big alpine climbs as it is to throwing down the gauntlet on the flats.
- FRAME S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, full internal, electronic-specific routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK S-Works FACT carbon
- FRONT WHEEL Roval CLX 50, Win Tunnel Engineered, carbon rim, 50mm depth, Roval AF1 Hub, CeramicSpeed bearings,16h
- REAR WHEEL Roval CLX 50, Win Tunnel Engineered, carbon rim, 50mm depth, Roval AF1 Hub, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h
- INNER TUBES 66mm alloy tubeless valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Cotton, 700x26mm, 320 TPI
- REAR TYRE Turbo Cotton, 700x26mm, 320 TPI
- CRANKSET S-Works carbon fiber
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN Shimano Dura-Ace,11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace 9110F direct mount
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace 9110RS direct mount
- HANDLEBARS S-Works SL Carbon Shallow Drop, 125x75mm
- TAPE S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- STEM S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE S-Works Toupé, Body Geometry shape, 143mm width, carbon rails
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly
|Bike Standover Height||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|
|Head Tube Angle||72°||73°||73°||74°||74°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||74°||74°||74°||74°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|