2018 S-Works Tarmac Womens
The all-new Rider-First Engineered Tarmac.
The Women's S-Works Tarmac SL6 with Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 is born to race to any strategy, and it's at the absolute top of the women's race bike heap in terms of performance, quality, technology, and handling.
To get the weight below 800 grams, Specialized utilised advanced aerospace composite optimisation software to revolutionise the construction and layup of the new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material and schedule they've ever made—the shape, schedule, and material optimisation allowed them to shed nearly 200 grams. A 20% reduction in frame weight.
Specialized further improved Rider-First Engineered technology to ensure that the new Tarmac is stiff and compliant in exactly the right places. With this revamp, Specialized also updated the geometry—basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled them to develop a performance road geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front end and short wheelbase, delivering instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilised for an optimal ride quality. That's why they designed a seatpost that builds compliance into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen, dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. Specialized also added tyre clearance up to 30mm, which translates to a 28mm Turbo Cotton on a Roval CLX 50 wheel. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but just takes a bit of the sting out of those road imperfections.
The new Women's S-Works Tarmac comes ready to race with Shimano's new Dura-Ace 9150 Di2 groupset with direct mount brakes, and the lightweight, yet impressively aerodynamic, Roval CLX 50s with 26mm Turbo Cotton tyres. It's also spec'd specifically for female riders, from the handlebar width, to the crankarm length, all the way down to the saddle.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a top-performance race bike. The S-Works FACT 12r frameset is the highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness.
- S-Works-specific FACT full carbon fork with tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents.
- A 52/36T S-Works carbon fibre crankset offers the ultimate in power transfer, with a chainring grouping that's equally suited to big alpine climbs as it is to throwing down the gauntlet on the flats.
- FRAME S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, full internal, electronic-specific routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK S-Works FACT carbon
- FRONT WHEEL Roval CLX 50, Win Tunnel Engineered, carbon rim, 50mm depth, Roval AF1 Hub, CeramicSpeed bearings,16h
- REAR WHEEL Roval CLX 50, Win Tunnel Engineered, carbon rim, 50mm depth, Roval AF1 Hub, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h
- INNER TUBES 66mm alloy tubeless valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Cotton, 700x26mm, 320 TPI
- REAR TYRE Turbo Cotton, 700x26mm, 320 TPI
- CRANKSET S-Works carbon fiber
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN Shimano Dura-Ace,11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace 9110F direct mount
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace 9110RS direct mount
- HANDLEBARS S-Works SL Carbon Shallow Drop, 125x75mm
- TAPE S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- STEM S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly
|Bike Standover Height||730mm||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|
|Head Tube Angle||70.5°||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°|
|Head Tube Length||105mm||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||490mm||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm|