2018 S-Works Tarmac Womens Frameset
The all-new Rider-First Engineered Tarmac.
The Women's S-Works Tarmac SL6 is born to race to any strategy, and it's at the absolute top of the women's race bike heap in terms of performance, quality, technology, and handling.
To get the weight below 800 grams, Specialized utilised advanced aerospace composite optimisation software to revolutionise the construction and layup of the new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material and schedule they've ever made—the shape, schedule, and material optimisation allowed them to shed nearly 200 grams. A 20% reduction in frame weight.
Specialized further improved Rider-First Engineered technology to ensure that the new Tarmac is stiff and compliant in exactly the right places. With this revamp, Specialized also updated the geometry—basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled them to develop a performance road geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front end and short wheelbase, delivering instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilised for an optimal ride quality. That's why they designed a seatpost that builds compliance into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen, dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. Specialized also added tyre clearance up to 30mm, which translates to a 28mm Turbo Cotton on a Roval CLX 50 wheel. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but just takes a bit of the sting out of those road imperfections.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a top-performance race bike. The S-Works FACT 12r frameset is the highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness.
- S-Works-specific FACT full carbon fork with tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents.
- FRAME S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, full internal, electronic-specific routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK S-Works FACT carbon
- BOTTOM BRACKET OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly
|Bike Standover Height||730mm||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|
|Head Tube Angle||70.5°||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||105mm||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||490mm||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|