2018 Stumpjumper Expert 29/6Fattie
If you know the history of the Stumpjumper FSR, you know that it doesn't believe in compromising. And not surprisingly, this still rings true today with the Stumpjumper Expert 29/6Fattie.
It features a FACT 9m carbon fibre for the bulk of the construction in order to provide an ultra-lightweight, strong, and stiff frame. The carbon moulding process also allowed us to revolutionise how you carry your trail essentials with the all-new SWAT™ Door found at the down tube. This compartment will fit a tube, a tool, and pump without rattling or compromising the structural integrity of the frame.
You'll also find an aggressive, trail-eating geometry to complement the 29- inch wheels that features ridiculously short chainstays, a roomy top tube, a low bottom bracket, and a slacked out front end. And to make things even better, the Stumpy's design also allows you the opportunity to toggle between 29-inch wheels and 6Fattie wheels (not included), allowing the ultimate in configuration options for the trail at hand.
For the build, Specialized spec'd some of SRAM's best performing and durable 12- speed components, a FOX 34 Performance fork with 150mm of travel, and hand- built Roval Traverse 29 carbon wheels. It's a bike that will have you never looking back—unless it's to see your buddies eating your dust.
- FACT 9m carbon fibre Trail Chassis with Stumpjumper FSR M5 alloy rear end blends stiffness with light weight to form the pinnacle of efficiency, while fully enclosed cable routing and an integrated SWAT™ Door create exceptional handling and zero-hassle storage.
- The FOX 34 Performance fork features 150mm of plush travel to take on big hits and bumpy terrain with supreme confidence and efficiency.
- SRAM's 12-speed GX Eagle drivetrain, with Truvativ Descendent crank, features an ultra-wide gear range that delivers climbing and descending efficiency in spades. On top of this, the one-by setup is notorious for being next to impossible to drop a chain with, plus it provides a significant weight savings in comparison to a standard two-by setup.
- FRAME FACT 11m, full carbon chassis and rear end, Trail Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, PF30 BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, ManFu link, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 135mm of travel
- FORK FOX 34 Performance 29, 44mm offset, 3 Position Micro Adjust damper 15x110mm Kabolt thru-axle, 150mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK RockShox Monarch RT3, Rx Trail Tune, AUTOSAG, rebound and 3-position compression adjust, 197x48mm
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 24h
- REAR HUB DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, 36t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Revolution
- RIMS Roval Traverse Carbon 29, hookless carbon, 30mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready, hand-built
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYREButcher, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
- REAR TYRE Purgatory, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
- CRANKSET Truvativ Descendant, aluminum, Boost™ 148, 170mm crankarm, 30mm spindle
- CHAINRINGS 30T
- BOTTOM BRACKET PF30
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM GX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
- CHAIN SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed w/ PowerLock®
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 200/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 180/160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Trail, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLEBody Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Command Post IRcc, 12-position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm of travel
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 34.9mm
- PEDALS Specialized Platform, Cr-Mo, 9/16" spindle
|BB Height, 29x2.3"||338mm||338mm||338mm||338mm|
|BB Height, 650x2.8"||325mm||325mm||325mm||325mm|
|BB Height, 650x3.0"||331mm||331mm||331mm||331mm|
|Bike Standover Height||754mm||761mm||770mm||777mm|
|Fork Length, Full||560mm||560mm||560mm||560mm|
|Head Tube Angle||67°||67°||67°||67°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||125mm||145mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||74°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length||396mm||430mm||468mm||523mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||563mm||590mm||616mm||648mm|