2018 Tarmac Comp
The all-new Rider-First Engineered Tarmac.
The Tarmac Comp stands on its own two wheels as a bike that's born to perform and able to take your riding and racing to the next level. Like the S-Works Tarmac iterations, it features a Rider-First Engineered design that that applies specificity to every tube size and carbon layup for every frame size. This creates the optimal balance of rigidity, weight, and responsiveness, so every frame, regardless of its size, performs just as intended. You'll also find an identical, Grand-Tour-winning geometry to past Tarmacs, plus a high-end FACT 10r carbon fibre construction.
- The FACT 10r carbon frame combines the lightweight performance and compliance with Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac.
- FACT carbon fork with a tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents.
- The Roval SLX 24 rims, laced to DT Swiss hubs, are lightweight and durable alloy wheels that work well for both training and racing.
- FRAME Specialized Tarmac SL5, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, compact race design, 1-3/8" lower bearing, threaded BB, 130mm spacing
- FORK S-Works FACT full carbon, size-specific taper
- FRONT WHEEL Roval SLX 24 Rims, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 20h
- REAR WHEEL Roval SLX 24 Rims, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
- REAR TYRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
- CRANKSET Shimano Ultegra R8000
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano Ultegra
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CHAIN KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Ultegra 8000
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra 8000
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- STEM Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE Toupe Comp Gel, 143mm, hollow Cr-Mo, Adaptive Edge
- SEATPOST Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt
|Bike Standover Height||730mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||368mm||368mm||368mm||368mm||368mm||368mm||368mm|
|Head Tube Angle||72.25°||73°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||100mm||120mm||140mm||160mm||190mm||210mm||235mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5°||74°||73.5°||73.25°||73°||72.5°||72.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm||584mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||518mm||537mm||548mm||565mm||582mm||600mm||621mm|