2018 Tarmac Expert
The all-new Rider-First Engineered Tarmac.
When you need a bike that's ready to annihilate the competition on your training rides and local races, the new Tarmac Expert is hard to beat. To get the weight around 950 grams, Specialized utilised advanced aerospace composite optimisation software to revolutionise the construction and layup of the new FACT 10r carbon. It's the most advanced material and schedule they've ever made—the shape, schedule, and material optimisation allowed them to shed nearly 200 grams. A 20% reduction in frame weight.
The new Tarmac features further improved Rider-First Engineered technology to ensure that the new Tarmac is stiff and compliant in exactly the right places. Specialized also updated the geometry—basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a performance road geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front end and short wheelbase, delivering instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
- The FACT 10r carbon frame combines the lightweight performance and compliance of top-end carbon production methods with Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac.
- S-Works full FACT carbon fork with a tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents.
- The 11-speed Shimano Ultegra 8000 shifting is extremely reliable, lightweight, and precise.
- FRAME Specialized Tarmac SL6, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered, OSBB, full internal, electronic-specific routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK S-Works FACT carbon
- FRONT WHEEL Roval SLX 24 Rims, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 20h
- REAR WHEEL Roval SLX 24 Rims, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES 66mm alloy tubeless valve
- FRONT TYRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TYRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- CRANKSET Shimano Ultegra R8000
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Praxis BB30 w/ Shimano conversion adaptor
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Ultegra 8000,11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Ultegra 8010 direct mount
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra 8010 direct mount
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 123x75mm
- TAPE S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- STEM Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- SADDLE Toupe Expert Gel, 143mm, hollow titanium rails, Adaptive Edge
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly
|Bike Standover Height||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|
|Head Tube Angle||72°||73°||73°||74°||74°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||74°||74°||74°||74°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|