2018 Tarmac Womens Expert
The all-new Rider-First Engineered Tarmac.
The Women's Tarmac Expert isn't just a bike that's born to race—it's a bike that proves you don't need to take out a second mortgage to have a luxurious ride. This Women's Tarmac will excel dutifully at every discipline of road riding, from climbs to sprints—put it through its paces, and don't be surprised that you're smiling at the top of the climb.
Specialized further improves Rider-First Engineered technology to ensure that the new Tarmac is stiff and compliant in exactly the right places. With this revamp, they also updated the geometry—basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled them to develop a performance road geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front end and short wheelbase, delivering instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
This Women's Tarmac Expert comes ready to race out of the box, featuring a crisp Shimano Ultegra 8000 groupset, lightweight Roval SLX 24 rims laced to DT Swiss hubs, the fastest S-Works Turbo 26mm tyres, and a sublime Oura Expert Gel saddle.
- The FACT 10r carbon frame combines the lightweight performance and compliance of top-end carbon production methods with Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac.
- S-Works FACT full carbon fork with tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents.
- The Roval SLX 24 Disc wheelset features a sub-1600-gram weight, a 20-millimeter internal width, and an alloy construction that makes it a solid road performer.
- FRAME Specialized Tarmac SL6, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, full internal, electronic-specific routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK S-Works FACT carbon
- FRONT WHEEL Roval SLX 24 Rims, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 20h
- REAR WHEEL Roval SLX 24 Rims, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES 700x18/25mm, 60mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TYRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- CRANKSET Shimano Ultegra R8000
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Praxis BB30 w/ Shimano conversion adaptor
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Ultegra 8000,11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Ultegra 8010 direct mount
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra 8010 direct mount
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 123x75mm
- TAPE S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- STEM Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- SADDLE Oura Expert Gel, 143mm
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.