2018 Turbo Levo Hardtail 29
The power to ride more trails.
If speed is at the top of your wish list, there's no better tool than the Turbo Levo Hardtail 29. It takes the fun, efficiency, and speedy characteristics of Specialized 29er hardtails and adds Turbo technology to crank-up the speed along every part of the trail.
First and foremost, it has all of the speed and nimble handling that Specialized hardtail trail bikes are known for—an easy fit, ultra-short chainstays for nimble handling, and a low bottom bracket that makes the bike feel glued to the trail. Then comes the efficient and powerful Turbo technology, along with an integrating a battery and motor. This year, however, you'll see some updated software that increases the motor's efficiency with the M5 Premium Aluminum frame. The exclusive, Rx trail-tuned motor smoothly and quietly brings this additional power to the pedals to make climbing the steepest of trails nearly effortless. The output, meanwhile, is fully adjustable in order to conserve energy. Lastly, the new custom Turbo 1.2 motor features instant pedal engagement, so you get immediate power the moment you need it, and consistent torque throughout the entyre cadence range This makes for the most efficient use of power on the trail, and more importantly, it creates the feel of a capable trail bike.
At the battery, you'll find that it's fully integrated with the down tube and easily removable for quick charging or swaps. It has a lengthy lifespan for hitting long, out of the way trails and, along with the motor, is strategically placed for optimal weight distribution. The Mission Control app, meanwhile, gives you full control of the Turbo technology, while an integrated Trail Display shows all of the ride metrics you need. Also included is a Trail Remote that lets you easily switch between modes without removing your hands from the handlebars, plus a power meter that shows exactly how much power you're putting out vs. the motor.
This version also has a build kit focused on the intersection of durability and performance, with a 120mm RockShox Recon RL 29 fork (size-specific) up front, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and a one-by Deore groupset from that controls shift and drivetrain duties.
- M5 Premium Aluminum construction is paired with Trail 29 Geometry and a hardtail design to support a ride that provides slack, confident handling, maximum efficiency, and tons of speed. The frame also features an integrated battery mount at the down tube for fast and easy battery removal, plus a forged and braced motor mount at bottom bracket. This keeps the aesthetic streamlined and the weight distribution perfectly balanced. Lastly, you'll find fully enclosed internal cable routing for a clean look and even cleaner cables.
- The Specialized 1.2 is custom built for the Levo Hardtail and features exclusive Rx Trail Tune that gives you the power to explore new trails. It has many other features that no other e-bike can touch, like instant engagement, fantastic heat management, a double freewheel design that disengages the gear box when you hit top speed, and silent, smooth, and consistent output—even at max power.
- The Specialized MI-460 battery features an integrated Trail Display and ANT+/Bluetooth® module with Mission Control App connectivity. It houses 460Wh of trail-taming juice, and is neatly integrated into the down tube.
- FRAME Specialized M5 Aluminum, 6Fattie Trail HT Geometry, integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, Command Post routing, 148mm spacing
- FORK RockShox Recon RL 29, Solo Air, Maxle, Boost 15x110mm, (S: 100mm of travel, M/L/XL: 120mm of travel)
- FRONT HUB Specialized alloy disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm, torque caps, 24h
- REAR HUB Specialized alloy disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm, 10-/11-speed freehub, 28h
- SPOKES Stainless, black
- RIMS Stout XC disc, 29-inch, 24/28h
- INNER TUBES Specialized 29x1.75-2.4", 47-60x622, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Ground Control GRID casing, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE Ground Control GRID casing, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- CRANKSET Custom alloy crankarms
- CHAINRINGS Forged steel, 32T
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Deore, 10-speed.
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano HG500, 10-speed, 11-42t
- CHAIN KMC X10eS, 10-speed w/ MissingLink™
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano BR-M315 hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE Shimano BR-M315 hydraulic disc, 180mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 750mm width
- GRIPS Body Geometry XCT Grip, clamp-on
- STEM Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Sport, Steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Specialized, alloy, 34.9mm
- MOTOR Specialized 1.2, Custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W Nominal
- UI/REMOTE Trail Handlebar Remote, motor mode switch & walk-assist
- BATTERY Specialized MI-460, integrated Trail Display, ANT+/Bluetooth® module, 460Wh, Mission Control App connectivity
- CHARGER Custom Specialized 42V2A Charger with Rosenberger plug, AC power cord included
- WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized wiring harness
- PEDALS Specialized Platform, Cr-Mo Axle, PP-Body
|Fork Length, Full||510mm||530mm||530mm||530mm|
|Head Tube Angle||67°||67°||67°||67°|
|Head Tube Length||110mm||100mm||115mm||130mm|
|Seat Tube Angle, Effective||74°||73°||73°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length, Center to Top||394mm||434mm||470mm||505mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||574mm||608mm||633mm||655mm|