2018 Turbo Vado Men's 5.0
Busy lives call for faster bikes
The Turbo Vado 5.0 is the latest evolution of our award-winning pedal-assist technology, and let us tell you, it takes a massive step forward into the future of bicycle design. It features a custom battery and motor that are fully integrated with the bike and specifically tuned for city riding, and in the case of the battery, it doesn't require any tools for removal, so it's super easy to remove from the bike for charging. We also made sure that it's totally compatible with Bluetooth®, so you can toggle between battery modes to increase your range in real time via the Turbo Vado Mission Control App (available later this year). There are three battery modes to work with in order to maximize the battery life, and with the app, you can even plot your course and the battery will adjust while you're riding to make sure that you get through your ride on one charge. For the construction, we've opted for durable, lightweight aluminum and a geometry that's designed to increase comfort and smoothness on the road. It also features reflective paint that illuminates under a headlight, so you'll increase your visibility to motorists in low-light conditions. And at the build, you'll find confident hydraulic Shimano SLX disc brakes, one-by, 11-speed shifting for a wide range of gears, and integrated lights at the front and rear with our revolutionary lightguide technology.
- The Vado's motor is fully integrated with the frame and features a 250-watt output. It's also been custom-tuned for city riding, and it intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling. So the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- A custom 2.2-inch digital TFT display enables you to monitor all of your ride data in real time. It also connects the Mission Control App via Bluetooth®, so you have full control over the tune, modes, range, and much more.
- We made the custom 604Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It can communicate with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range.
- FRAME Turbo Vado aluminum frame with bottom bracket motor mount, fitness/transportation geometry, fully integrated lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, smooth welds, reflective graphics
- FORK Turbo rigid full aluminum disc fork, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT HUB Specialized alloy disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x100mm thru-axle, 28h
- REAR HUB Specialized alloy disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm, 10-/11-speed freehub, 28h
- RIMS 700C disc rim, 28h, double wall
- INNER TUBES 700C, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Electrak 2.0 Armadillo, 700x51mm
- REAR TYRE Electrak 2.0 Armadillo, 700x51mm
- CRANKSET Custom alloy crankarms
- CHAINRINGS 48T, BCD: 104, single Xsync style 10-/11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS
- Shimano SLX, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore XT, Shadow Plus, SGS cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano SLX M7000, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CHAIN Shimano CN-HG601, 11Speed
- FRONT BRAKE Tektro Zurich, custom hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE Tektro Zurich, custom hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 680mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized Body Geometry XC Contour Men's
- STEM Alloy w/ display/light mount, 31.8mm clamp
- SADDLE Canopy Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails
- SEATPOST Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 21mm offset, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Specialized, alloy, 34.9mm
- MOTOR Custom Specialized motor, 250W, Rx Street-tuned
- UI/REMOTE Custom 2.2" BLOKS. TFT display w/ touchscreen & USB plug, stem mount w/ custom handlebar remote & Turbo Vado Mission Control App connectivity
- BATTERY Specialized UI-604, On/Off button, state of charge display, 604Wh
- CHARGER Custom charger, 42V4A with Rosenberger plug
- WIRING HARNESS Specialized Wiring harness
- HEADLIGHT Specialized light w/aspheric lens technology and black translucent side illumination, 12V, 2x LED, 600 lumen, IP67, Aluminum die-cast body, stem mount
- TAILLIGHT Specialized light, integrated rack mount w/lightguide technology, 12V, 8 SMD LED, w/clear window, IP67, plastic injected housing w/aluminum rack attachment studs, inner cable routing in left stud
- KICKSTAND Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- RACK Custom Specialized, w/Racktime Snap-it system and integrated rear light, max. load 22kg
|BB to top of Head-Tube, Horizontal||396mm||406mm||428mm||441mm|
|BB to top of Head-Tube, Vertical||619mm||619mm||629mm||652mm|
|Seat-Tube Length, B-B Center to Top vertical||400mm||450mm||500mm||550mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.