2019 Epic HT Comp Carbon
Cross country courses are nothing like they used to be. Today's tracks have more in common with trail riding than the pancake flat NORBA courses of yesteryear. For this reason, we threw away the hardtail rulebook and drafted our own chapter to create the Epic Hardtail Comp. We took a revolutionary new frame design and spec'd it specifically for the rigors of racing contemporary XC courses. It's one of the lightest frames we've ever made, tipping the scales around 1175g. And to make it this light, we built the entire frame from our superlative FACT 11m carbon fiber, and then we took some cues from our road bikes. We borrowed the Rider-First Engineered™ concept that originated with the Tarmac. Now, the frame design applies specificity to every tube size and carbon layup for every frame size. This creates the optimal balance of rigidity, weight, and responsiveness, so every frame, regardless of size, performs just as we intended. We've also tweaked the geometry for more speed and stability by slacking-out the head tube angle, lengthening the top tube, and correcting the seat tube angle. This way, it feels more planted then ever, and frankly, it's stupid fast. We also widened the rear spacing to 12x148mm and included internal split-housing cable routing. For the build, this Epic takes value to new heights with a custom-tuned RockShox Reba RL fork, 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle shifting, and fast rolling Roval Control Alloy wheels.
- By pairing a FACT 11m carbon fiber frame with our XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on revolutionary tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit.
- The RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 90/100mm of smooth travel, while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customize the feel according to the terrain at hand.
- One-by 12-speed shifting is provided by a durable SRAM NX Eagle component spec.
- FRAME Specialized FACT 11m, XC Geometry, internal split-housing cable routing, PF30 BB, 12x148mm rear-end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK RockShox Reba RL 29, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (XS: 80mm, S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS Roval Control Alloy 29", 25mm internal width
- INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.1"
- CRANKSET Truvativ STYLO, DUB
- CHAINRINGS SRAM Eagle, 32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM, DUB, PF30
- SHIFT LEVERS Sram NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
- CHAIN SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- SEAT BINDER Specialized Alloy, 30.0mm
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt
|Bike Standover Height||814mm||845mm||430mm||430mm||430mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.8°||69.8°||95mm||95mm||110mm|
|Head Tube Length||125mm||395mm||418mm||441mm||462mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||74°||74°||400mm|
|Seat Tube Length||430mm||470mm||520mm||350mm||350mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||649mm||82mm||82mm||82mm||82mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free General Service
To guarantee that your new bike stays running sweet, we offer a free General Service on all bikes that we sell. Worth $89, we'll do your first one for free at 6 months of ownership. Note that while the General Service labour is free, additional labour or parts cost extra. Bookings are required.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.