2019 Rockhopper Mens Sport 29
Whether you've been riding trails for decades or you're just starting your XC journey, the Rockhopper Comp is here to take your rides to the next level.
It starts with the new A1 Aluminum frame that has optimized tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the new Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support acclaimed XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends with equal aplomb.
- The SR Suntour XCM fork puts out 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of plush and reactive travel, provided by coil-sprung suspension that's custom-tuned for lighter riders.
- A Shimano Acera rear derailleur controls the rear shifting with durable aplomb. It shifts along a wide gear range, 11-34t, so you can ride confidently knowing that you'll always have the right gear for the hill at hand.
- FRAME A1 alloy, Sport XC 29 Geometry, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- FORK SR Suntour XCT 29, coil spring, custom Multi-Circuit damping, quick-release, 46mm offset, 80/90/100mm of travel (size-specific)
- FRONT HUB Shimano, Center Lock™ disc, 9x100mm spacing, quick-release, 28h
- REAR HUB Shimano, Center Lock™ disc, 9x135mm spacing, quick-release, 32h
- SPOKES Stainless, 14g
- RIMS Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific
- INNER TUBES Schrader, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Ground Control Sport, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE Fast Trak Sport, 29x2.1"
- CRANKSET Stout, forged alloy, 3x8
- CHAINRINGS 44/32/22T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Altus, 3-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Acera, 8-speed
- CASSETTE SunRace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN KMC X8EPT, 8-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160/180mm
- REAR BRAKE Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS Stout XC, double-butted alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- STEM Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm
|Bike Standover Height||715mm||750mm||775mm||814mm||845mm|
|Fork Length, Full||486mm||496mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||95mm||110mm||125mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||73.9°||73.8°||73.7°||73.6°|
|Seat Tube Length||370mm||400mm||430mm||470mm||520mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||549mm||568mm||595mm||623mm||649mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.