2019 S-Works Tarmac Disc Sagan Collection LTD
An Elegant Rebellion
It’s not often that you see the words “elegance” and “rebellion” in the same sentence, but Peter Sagan isn’t your typical rider. He’s constantly breaking the mold of what’s possible from a bike racer, and does so in a way that makes it look easy—and it’s these characteristics that inspired the Sagan Collection. It takes these traits and, through some heavy design collaboration, transforms them into a collection of products that'll help you find your own World Champion stripes.
For the construction, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material, and schedule, we've ever made and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams. That's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight—the perfect recipe for your next hill climb PR.
We also took major steps to improving our Rider-First Engineered™ technology to ensure that the new Tarmac is stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, all while shedding some serious weight. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, we scrutinized every single aspect of the new Tarmac to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, we also updated the geometry, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilized for an optimal ride quality. That's why we designed a seatpost that builds compliance into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen, dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. We also added tire clearance up to 30mm, which translates to a 28mm Turbo Cotton on a Roval CLX 50 Disc wheel. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but it also takes a bit of the sting out of road imperfections. You'll thank us on your next long ride.
But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence.
We also know, however, that aerodynamic improvements are the most important thing we can do to make you faster. Our Bora-Hansgrohe and Quick-Step Floors Pro Tour riders, after all, are demanding aero improvements on every bike. With this, the aero goal was to discover where we could essentially "add aero for free," by not taking anything away from the hallmarks of the Tarmac design. During the six-month iterative process, three areas were discovered where we could do this—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A bike that's approximately 45 seconds faster over 40km compared to other lightweight bikes in the same category.
Next, we included the lightest (440g/172.5mm) and most accurate power meter available, because no matter your skill level or experience on the bike, there's no better way to enhance your training and racing performance than by riding with a power meter. Lucky for you, we've combined our incredibly light and stiff carbon fiber S-Works road cranks with dual-sided power measurement.
This S-Works Tarmac comes ready to race with Shimano's new Dura-Ace 9170 Di2 groupset with disc brakes and the lightweight, yet impressively aerodynamic, Roval CLX 50 Disc wheels with 26mm Turbo Cotton tires.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac. The S-Works FACT 12r frame is our highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness.
- Shimano's Dura-Ace Di2 group offers exceptionally crisp shifts, smooth braking modulation, and it keeps the overall weight of the Tarmac at an absolute minimum.
- The Win Tunnel Engineered Roval CLX 50 Disc carbon wheelset offers superior aerodynamics, a svelte 1415-gram weight, and plenty of durability to be both a perfect training and race wheelset.
- FRAME S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FRONT WHEEL Roval CLX 50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h
- REAR WHEEL Roval CLX 50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, DT Swiss 240 internals, CeramicSpeed bearings, 24h
- INNER TUBES Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm
- REAR TYRE Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm
- CRANKSET S-Works Power Cranks, dual-sided power measurement, +/- 1.5% accuracy
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc R9170
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS S-Works Shallow Bend Carbon, 125mm drop x 75 mm reach
- TAPE S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- STEM S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE S-Works Toupé, Body Geometry shape, 143mm width, carbon rails
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly
|Bike Standover Height||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|
|Head Tube Angle||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|
We'll take care of you.
Free 6 Week Check
We offer a free 6 week check on all new bikes that we sell to guarantee that your bike is still running sweet. This check is basically the last step in a bike's quality control. We go over the bike and make sure it's safe, gears are tuned up, bolts are torqued up and that there are no potential issues.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.