2019 Stumpjumper Womens Comp Carbon 27.5 Mixtape LTD
Because music unites us.
Do you have a playlist that gets you pumped? Maybe one song that always makes you smile inside? Us too, and that's what our Mixtape Collection is all about. As head designed Kayla Clarot puts it, "We're are all so incredibly unique, but one thing that we all have in common is music. No matter how you ride, Mixtape calls you to make your most bad-ass mixtape and to share it with all who're willing to listen." So, let the design inspire you like your favorite mixtape—loud, unapologetic, and full of energy.
Limited edition. 1 small and 1 medium in-store.
Our design goal for the new Stumpjumper was simple—build the ultimate trail bike, one that feels telepathic. And it turns out that this feeling all comes down to stiffness. Think of it this way: when the frame's telling your hands one thing and your feet another, your brain gets confused with the imbalance and the bike feels unstable. In order to fix this, we had to get to work on dialing-in the materials, shapes, and the layout.
We started by creating our own mountain-specific stiffness test, and then we looked at the layout with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to see where we could get the biggest stiffness improvements. This led to a big discovery: The Large and X-Large frames needed more front-end stiffness while the Smalls and Mediums were just fine. We were able to create a frame design that was 20% more efficient. And in the end, this proved to be one of the lightest trail frames on the market, today.
When designing the frame with the stiffness targets being a main goal, we developed a radical new sidearm design. The front-end and rear-end are connected at three points, and the sidearm helps keep all these points super stiff and connected, all while taking about 100 grams out of the rear-end. More explicitly, this minimizes frame flex when the rear suspension is active.
We continued down the suspension path with a custom Rx Trail Tune on both the fork and rear shock. Suspension performance is highly dependent on frame, wheel, and rider size, so we use our Women's Rx Tune to get each bike to land in the middle of the adjustment spectrum, and this gives you the biggest possible range to fine-tune your ride. Another focal point of the tune was matching the suspension characteristics between wheel sizes—we developed a specific Rx Tune for each platform. So, no matter what wheel size you prefer, you'll get perfectly linear suspension.
Steps were also taken to make this bike easy to live with. Threaded bottom brackets make a triumphant return, and we made room for up to a 3.0' tire. You're also free to run whatever aftermarket rear shock you want, since we're using standard metric shocks. We revamped the SWAT™ box, too, making it sleeker, lighter, and with more volume. And customization is furthered with a Flip Chip that lets you to dial-in your Stumpy to your riding style. Switch it from High to Low and it drops your bottom bracket 6mm and slackens the head tube by half-a-degree. Little details also jump out to surprise you, like a newly designed ribbed chainstay protector that makes chain slap a thing of the past and nearly silences the drivetrain. Lastly, we seriously couldn't make cable routing any easier on carbon models. Full tubes can be found throughout the carbon frame, so all you have to do is push the cable and it'll come out the other end. No more lazy loop, hidden stashes of magnets, pokey spokes, or pillows to cry in.
The build on this Comp model comes with a list of components that deliver undeniable quality, like a SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, SRAM Guide R disc brakes, FOX front and rear suspension, and Roval Traverse 27.5 wheels. Meanwhile, every point that your body comes into contact with the bike has been tailored specifically for female riders with the inclusion of superlative kit, like a Body Geometry Myth Comp saddle, Sip Grips, and 750mm bars.
- The Stumpjumper's asymmetrical, FACT 11m carbon fiber construction is lightweight, stiff, and ready to take on the trail. It's built off our 27.5 Trail Geometry, so it's just the right amount of both capable and comfortable. And with SWAT™ integration in the down tube, a threaded BB, easy cable routing, and an all new chain silencer, it's ready for anything the trail, or you, throw at it.
- The FOX DPS Performance rear shock features our Rx Women's Tune, ensuring that no matter the wheel or frame size, your bike is dialed-in perfectly.
- SRAM's 12-speed NX Eagle groupset features a wide gear range that delivers climbing and descending efficiency in spades.
- FRAME FACT 11m, full carbon chassis and rear-end, asymmetrical design, 27.5 Trail Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 150mm of travel
- FORK FOX FLOAT Rhythm, 34, GRIP Damper, 44mm offset, 2-position sweep adjust, 15x110mm, tapered alloy steerer, 150mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK FOX FLOAT DPS Performance, Rx Women's Tune, rebound and 3-position compression adjust, 210x52.5MM
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS Roval Traverse 27.5, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless ready
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
- REAR TYRE Purgatory, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
- CRANKSET SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 170mm
- CHAINRINGS Steel, 32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM DUB, threaded BB
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- CASSETTE SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
- CHAIN SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 200mm
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 180mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 750mm width
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip
- STEM Specialized Trail, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL LE lever, 34.9mm, XS: 100mm S: 125mm, M/L: 150mm of travel
- SEAT BINDER Specialized bolt-type, alloy, 38.6mm
The new Stumpjumper suspension features a flip chip that adjusts geometry. The values below are in Low mode, which is how the bikes are delivered to the customer. Switching to High mode will raise the BB height 6mm and steepen the head angle by 0.5°.
|Bike Standover Height||739mm||739mm||743mm||758mm|
|Fork Length, Full||542mm||542mm||542mm||542mm|
|Head Tube Angle||65.5°||65.5°||65.5°||65.5°|
|Head Tube Length||100mm||105mm||110mm||140mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5°||75.3°||75°||74.6°|
|Seat Tube Length||380mm||380mm||410mm||455mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||547mm||570mm||595mm||627mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free General Service
To guarantee that your new bike stays running sweet, we offer a free General Service on all bikes that we sell. Worth $89, we'll do your first one for free at 6 months of ownership. Note that while the General Service labour is free, additional labour or parts cost extra. Bookings are required.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.