2019 Tarmac Disc Comp Sagan Collection LTD
Only a couple 52cm left
It’s not often that you see the words “elegance” and “rebellion” in the same sentence, but Peter Sagan isn’t your typical rider. He’s constantly breaking the mold of what’s possible from a bike racer, and does so in a way that makes it look easy—and it’s these characteristics that inspired the Sagan Collection. It takes these traits and, through some heavy design collaboration, transforms them into a collection of products that'll help you find your own World Champion stripes.
In order cut some grams from the Tarmac, but to also ensure that it's stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, we took major steps to improving our Rider-First Engineered™ technology. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, we scrutinized every single aspect of the Tarmac to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, we also updated the geometry, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilized for an optimal ride quality. That's why we dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. We also added tire clearance up to 30mm. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but it also takes a bit of the sting out of road imperfections. You'll thank us on your next long ride.
But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence.
We also know, however, that aerodynamic improvements are the most important thing we can do to make you faster. Our Bora-Hansgrohe and Quick-Step Floors Pro Tour riders, after all, are demanding aero improvements on every bike. With this, the aero goal was to discover where we could essentially "add aero for free," by not taking anything away from the hallmarks of the Tarmac design. During the six-month iterative process, three areas were discovered where we could do this—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes.
This Tarmac comes with a no-fuss spec that includes Shimano Ultegra mechanical shifting, quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac. The FACT 9r frame is the perfect blend of value and performance.
- Shimano's no-fuss Ultegra shifting with hydraulic disc brakes provides precise shifting and plenty of stopping power.
- DT R470 Disc wheels feature reliable, sealed cartridge hubs, and 24 front and rear spokes that keeps weight low and durability high.
The Win Tunnel: Rim vs. Disc Brakes
- FRAME Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FRONT WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES Presta, 48mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- CRANKSET Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano threaded
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Ultegra Disc R8020
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra R8000-GS, medium cage
- CASSETTE Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- STEM Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE Toupe Comp Gel, 143mm, hollow Cro-Mo rails, Adaptive Edge
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER Alloy 31.2mm
|Bike Standover Height||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|
|Head Tube Angle||72°||73°||73°||74°||74°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||74°||74°||74°||74°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free General Service
To guarantee that your new bike stays running sweet, we offer a free General Service on all bikes that we sell. Worth $89, we'll do your first one for free at 6 months of ownership. Note that while the General Service labour is free, additional labour or parts cost extra. Bookings are required.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.