2019 Tarmac Disc Sport
The Tarmac Disc Sport is the perfect entry-level, high-performance road bike. With a full carbon fiber frame, a list of reliable components, and many of the features found in way more expensive models, it's sure to get you out on the road riding with an ear-to-ear smile.
In order cut some grams from the Tarmac, but to also ensure that it's stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, we took major steps to improving our Rider-First Engineered™ technology. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, we scrutinized every single aspect of the Tarmac to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, we also updated the geometry, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilized for an optimal ride quality. That's why we dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. We also added tire clearance up to 30mm. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but it also takes a bit of the sting out of road imperfections. You'll thank us on your next long ride.
But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence.
We also know, however, that aerodynamic improvements are the most important thing we can do to make you faster. Our Bora-Hansgrohe and Quick-Step Floors Pro Tour riders, after all, are demanding aero improvements on every bike. With this, the aero goal was to discover where we could essentially "add aero for free," by not taking anything away from the hallmarks of the Tarmac design. During the six-month iterative process, three areas were discovered where we could do this—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes.
This Tarmac comes with a reliable spec that includes Shimano 105 mechanical shifting, quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac. The FACT 9r frame is the perfect blend of value and performance.
- The 11-speed Shimano 105 shifting is extremely reliable and precise, while the hydraulic disc brakes offer exceptional modulation and stopping power..
- DT R470 Disc wheels feature reliable, sealed cartridge hubs, and 24 front and rear spokes that keeps weight low and durability high.
The Win Tunnel: Rim vs. Disc Brakes
- FRAME Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FRONT WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES Presta, 48mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TYRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- CRANKSET S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano threaded
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano 105 Disc R7020
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 R7000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 R7000-GS, medium cage
- CASSETTE Shimano 105 R7000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano 105 R7070, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE Shimano 105 R7070, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- STEM Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER Alloy 31.2mm
|Bike Standover Height||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|
|Head Tube Angle||72°||73°||73°||74°||74°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||74°||74°||74°||74°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|