2019 Turbo Como 2.0 650b
The Turbo Como 2.0 650b has one goal and one goal only—to inspire you to get out, get moving, and to have some fun along the way. It achieves this with its Turbo technology that makes the ride faster, so you're guaranteed to have a wide smile on your face.
Beginning with a completely redesigned and integrated Turbo 1.2 motor, with a top speed of 20mph, the Como 2.0 proves itself as the fastest, most comfortable urban bike you've ever perched yourself upon. First off, a proprietary Rx Street Tune takes the power of a belt-driven motor that's smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations, and makes it optimised for riding in an urban environment by reacting to the amount of force you apply to the pedals. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. Perfect.
We also developed a custom Turbo UI-460 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, plus it's lockable and easily removable for simplified charging. With this battery, the Turbo Como delivers some extra "oomph," with plenty of juice to accompany you on your cruise down the bike path, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city.
Specialized also developed a custom 2.2-inch computer with the German powerhouse, BLOKS. With this touchscreen smart computer, you're able to connect, via Bluetooth®, to the Mission Control App (available later this year) for full control of the Turbo technology. This app allows you to tune the motor to your personal preferences. You can also peruse these screens via the custom handlebar remote without ever removing your hands from the bars.
The 650b wheels have also been paired with 2.3-inch tyres, so it can roll over most cracks, bumps, and holes with ease to ensure that nothing stands in your way on your path to a good time. For the build, you'll find everything you need to get out and enjoy the sunshine, comfortably and worry free. Along these lines, there are powerful Tektro hydraulic disc brakes, reliable 9-speed Shimano shifting, and a comfortable saddle.
- The custom E5 aluminium frame on the Como, cleanly houses the battery and motor, while still keeping the lightweight properties that E5 is known for. Pair this with Specialized's Ground Control Geometry, and you have a durable and lightweight bike that'll keep you rolling in style.
- The Como’s motor is fully integrated with the frame and features a smooth, silent, vibration-free output. It's also been custom-tuned for city riding, and it intuitively reacts to the force of your pedalling—so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- Specialized made the custom U1-460 battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximise the overall efficiency and range.
- FRAME Turbo Como aluminum frame with bottom bracket motor mount, fully integrated lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, smooth welds
- FRONT HUB Alloy front hub disc, sealed bearings, 15mm thru-axle (axle not included), 32H
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SPOKES Stainless, black
- RIMS 650b disc rim, 28h, double wall
- INNER TUBES 650b, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TYRE Nimbus Sport Reflect, 650b x 2.3", 60 TPI
- REAR TYRE Nimbus Sport Reflect, 650b x 2.3", 60 TPI
- CRANKSET Custom alloy crankarms
- CHAINRINGS 40T, BCD: 104, single Xsync style 10-/11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Alivio, 9-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Alivio, 9-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano Acera, 9-speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN Shimano E6070, 9-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Tektro HD-T285, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE Tektro HD-T285 hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, alloy, 30-degree backsweep, 26mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Body Geometry Contour
- STEM Specialized Flowset, alloy, 20-degree w/ display mount, 31,8mm
- SADDLE Body Geometry The Cup, 6-degree rise, elastomer base, steel rails, SWAT™ compatible mounts, 245mm
- SEATPOST Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 31.8mm
- MOTOR Specialized 1.2, Custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W Nominal
- UI/REMOTE Custom 2.2" BLOKS. LCD display, USB plug, stem mount w/ custom handlebar remote & Mission Control App connectivity
- BATTERY Specialized U1-460, On/Off button, state of charge display, 460Wh
- CHARGER Custom Specialized 42V2A Charger with Rosenberger plug, AC power cord included
- WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized wiring harness
- BELL Simple bell
- PEDALS Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
|Head Tube Angle||68°||68°||68°|
|Head Tube Height||190mm||225mm||280mm|
|Seat Tube Angle, Actual||68°||68°||68°|
|Seat Tube Length, Center to Top||420mm||450mm||500mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||620mm||660mm||690mm|