2019 Turbo Kenevo Comp
The pedal-assist DH weapon.
The Turbo Kenevo is the all-out Enduro/DH e-bike with the perfect blend of performance, handling, technology, and durability. The Kenevo gives you the power to ride more trails, lap after lap.
With the Turbo Kenevo, you get all of the hallmarks that Specialized trail bikes are known for—a roomy top tube for an easy fit and better control, ultra-short chainstays for nimble handling, and a low bottom bracket that makes the bike feel glued to the trail. But then you top it all off with 180 millimeters of front and rear travel, and you get a bike that's ready to send it off of anything.
Then comes an M5 aluminum frame and hyper efficient and powerful Specialized e-MTB technology—integrating an easily removable battery and a new Specialized 1.2E motor. This also receives an exclusive Rx Trail Tune that smoothly and quietly brings additional power to the pedals, making climbing the steepest of trails nearly effortless. Of course, the output is fully adjustable to conserve energy, as well, while the custom motor is also the only one on the market that features instant pedal engagement and consistent torque throughout the entire cadence range.
At the M1 Series battery, you'll find that it's fully integrated with the down tube and easily removable for quick charging or swaps. It has a lengthy lifespan for hitting long, out of the way trails and, along with the motor, it's been strategically placed for optimal weight distribution. You'll also find the Mission Control App for full control of the Turbo technology, an integrated Trail Display with all of the ride metrics you need, a Trail Remote that lets your easily switch between modes without removing your hands from the bars, and a power meter that shows exactly how much power you're putting out vs. the motor.
The build of the Turbo Kenevo Comp is the perfect blend of performance, durability, and value. It features a RockShox Yari RC fork and FOX Van RC Coil rear shock (each with 180mm of travel), a mix of Shimano XT and SLX drivetrain components, and wide alloy rims.
- With 180mm of travel, the frame is constructed from M5 Premium Aluminum that's equal parts, strong, lightweight, and incredibly responsive. The design of the frame, itself, revolves around Specialized's Trail Geometry that includes all of the trail hallmarks, like a low-slung bottom bracket, roomy top tube, and ultra-short chainstays. Cable routing is all internal, including that of the X-Fusion Manic dropper post, while the battery is fully integrated in the down tube and the motor is secured by a forged brace mount.
- The custom Specialized 1.2E Rx Trail-tuned motor is built for the Kenevo and features significant efficiency increase, compared to the Specialized 1.1 motor—delivering plenty of juice for a day out on the trails. It has many other features that no other e-bike can touch, like instant engagement, fantastic heat management, a double freewheel design that disengages the gear box when you hit top speed, and silent, smooth, and consistent output—even at max power.
- The Specialized M1-460 battery features an integrated Trail Display and ANT+/Bluetooth® module with Mission Control App connectivity. It houses 460Wh of trail-taming juice, is easily removable, and it's neatly integrated into the down tube.
- FRAME Specialized M5 Premium Aluminum, 27.5 Trail Geometry, integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 180mm of travel
- FORK RockShox Yari RC 27.5", Boost™, 15x110mm, 180mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK FOX Van RC Coil, S: 400 lb/in, M: 450 lb/in, L: 500 lb/in, XL: 550 lb/in, 216x57
- FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS 27.5" alloy, 20mm depth, 30mm internal width
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
- REAR TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
- CRANKSET Praxis, 2D cold-forged alloy, custom offset, 165mm
- CHAINRINGS 32T, custom steel
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano SLX, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano SLX, 11-speed, 11-46t
- CHAIN KMC X11ET, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Guide RE, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Guide RE, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 800mm width
- GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM Specialized Trail, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, 45mm
- SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL LE lever, 34.9mm, S: 125mm, M/L/XL: 150mm of travel
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 38.6mm
- MOTOR Specialized 1.2E, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE Trail Handlebar Remote, motor mode switch & walk-assist
- BATTERY Specialized M1-460, integrated Trail Display, ANT+/Bluetooth® module, 460Wh
- CHARGER Custom Specialized 42V2A Charger w/ Rosenberger plug, AC power cord included
- WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized wiring harness
|Bike Standover Height||776mm||776mm||785mm||789mm|
|Fork Length, Full||574mm||574mm||574mm||574mm|
|Head Tube Angle||65°||65°||65°||65°|
|Head Tube Length||100mm||110mm||120mm||130mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.2°||74.8°||74.6°||74.3°|
|Seat Tube Length||424mm||435mm||468mm||510mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||566mm||597mm||626mm||655mm|