2020 S-Works Epic AXS
Now with less wires.
With more World Championship titles, Olympic medals, and Cape Epic wins than anyone can count, the S-Works Epic is truly the fastest XC bike on the planet. Now, we've made it that much faster with XX1 Eagle AXS—SRAM's cutting-edge, wireless, electronic drivetrain. Under pedalling loads, in harsh conditions...every shift on the S-Works Epic AXS is as fast and precise as the bike itself.
Race courses have evolved over the past few years. They're more technical, steeper, and more challenging to ride. We saw that evolution in racing as an opportunity to evolve the perfect racing machine—a bike that both World Cup athletes and XC riders alike can instantly feel the benefit from.
Confident handling is paramount. That's why we increased the Epic's reach to make it more stable at speed and generally more comfortable to ride. Dropper posts? Yep. Full-length droppers fit in the Epic's 30.9mm seat tube. Head angle? We slacked that out to improve high-speed handling and steep descents, but not without evaluating the overall handling package. The Epic still behaves itself beautifully in tight corners and switchbacks thanks to our pairing that slacker head angle with a custom offset, 42mm fork.
Next comes Brain 2.0. The original Brain changed the way the bike world looked at suspension, both its drawbacks and benefits. And oh, was the Brain good. Brain-equipped Epics won countless races and put a flag in the ground. This was the pinnacle of racing performance.... But we knew we could make this suspension better still.
Simple physics told us that, by moving the Brain closer to the rear axle, it would be in the most sensitive spot. And after countless hours with the RockShox team, we've achieved much more than an upgraded Brain. This is Brain reborn. Now, the Brain reacts seamlessly to bump forces, has much more consistent damping performance, and finally, features hoses that are sleekly integrated within the suspension links. This, in turn, improves oil paths, and creates an incredibly sleek package that outperforms anything on the market.
The Epic also has a rider Rider-First Engineered™ design that places complex carbon pieces in all the right places, and this greatly increases stiffness in the front-end for a vast improvement in ride quality and control. To go along with this, each frame size has size-specific tubes that result in the stiffest, best riding XC bike we've ever developed—no matter the frame size.
And while stiffness, Brain technology, and geometry features are cool and all, we know what you're thinking, 'What about weight?' The Epic's goal is to be the fastest XC mountain bike we've ever made, so weight was at the top of our priorities list. We started with an efficient frame layout and tube shapes that feature clean cable routing, integrated channels through the shock extension, straight tubes with less curves, and optimized torsion profiles in every section. And, if you're curious, this weight savings is equivalent to shedding a chainstay and shock extension from the previous Epic—nearly 350 grams.
For this S-Works AXS model, we spared no expense with the build, so it features a custom RockShox SID World Cup fork w/ Brain Fade, SRAM's new wireless XX1 Eagle AXS electronic drivetrain, powerful SRAM Level Ultimate brakes, and hand-built, featherweight Roval Control SL wheels.
- You’re looking at the fastest, best-handling XC bike available. Our S-Works FACT 12m carbon fiber frame offers the perfect combination of stiffness, strength, and weight. We’ve paired that cutting-edge chassis with progressive geometry, innovative Brain shock technology, and 100mm of travel. End result? Stunning efficiency and speed.
- A top-tier bike deserves a top-tier fork. We’ve equipped the S-Works Epic AXS with a custom, Brain equipped, RockShox SID Ultimate fork, featuring a full-carbon upper, top-adjust Brain Fade, and custom offset.
- Lightning-fast, effortless shifts every single time—no matter how hard you crank the pedals or how abusive the conditions. SRAM’s top-shelf XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain sets the bar with stellar battery life and performance. The integrated QUARQ power meter is lightweight and pinpoint precise, helping you wring the most gains from both your training and race-day performance.
- FRAME S-Works FACT 12m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- FORK RockShox SID Brain Ultimate, top-adjust Brain Fade, tapered carbon crown and steerer, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 42mm offset, 100mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm
- FRONT HUB Roval Control SL, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h
- REAR HUB Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 54t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Competition Race
- RIMS Roval Control SL, hookless carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready, hand-built
- INNER TUBES Presta, 60mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- CRANKSET QUARQ XX1 Eagle Power Meter, Boost™ 148, DUB, 170/175mm
- CHAINRINGS Alloy, 32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM DUB, threaded BB
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS
- CASSETTE SRAM XG-1299 Eagle, 10-50t
- CHAIN SRAM XX1 (Rainbow)
- FRONT BRAKE SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized Trail Grips
- STEM S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm
- SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 34.9mm, titanium bolt
|Bike Standover Height||371mm||371mm||371mm||371mm|
|Fork Length, Full||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||105mm||120mm||140mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||434mm||470mm||520mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||568mm||596mm||623mm||647mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free General Service
To guarantee that your new bike stays running sweet, we offer a free General Service on all bikes that we sell. Worth $89, we'll do your first one for free at 6 months of ownership. Note that while the General Service labour is free, additional labour or parts cost extra. Bookings are required.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.