2020 Turbo Vado 5.0
Busy lives call for faster bikes.
When we set out to revamp our Turbo line, we knew that we needed to design a bike that best meets your needs. With our lives getting more hectic with each passing day, finding the tiny pockets of time savings can have a huge impact, and the Turbo Vado 5.0 truly embodies this concept. It utilizes our most advanced pedal-assist technologies, a high-quality component spec, and a suspension fork to take the edge out of those pesky potholes. No matter where you're going, you'll get there faster and in style with the Turbo Vado 5.0.
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.3 motor, it has a higher max torque, max watts, and better heat management and efficiency than its predecessors. It’s the most advanced motor ever found on an urban e-bike. Of course, it still features a silent operating design with our Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations. And the max speed? 28mph.
For the Vado 5.0, we developed a custom 600 Wh battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city. If you wish to see exactly how far you can go on a charge, have a look at our Turbo Range Calculator for more exact estimates.
The new Turbo Connect Display (TCD) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays basic ride metrics (speed, cadence, power, battery level, and time), but it also lets you toggle between modes. Its design, meanwhile, is rugged and clean, and it has multiple mounting options for either road or mountain setups. As for the latest version of the Mission Control App, you’ll find that it now has more features and is even more intuitive to use. It lets you custom-tune nearly every aspect of the bike with ease, monitor your power usage, control your range, perform basic system diagnoses, and record/upload rides.
And to top off all of the innovative features, we chose a high-end spec with Shimano XT/SLX 11-speed components, four-piston hydraulic disc brakes, an SR SunTour fork with 50mm of travel, integrated front/rear lights, and mounts for fenders and racks. It's ready to take on the town in effortless style.
- The Turbo Vado features a lightweight alloy frame that’s been designed with our Fitness/Transportation Geometry.
- The Turbo Vado’s Specialized 1.3 motor with Rx Street Tune is the most powerful and efficient motor ever to be found on an urban e-bike. It's fully integrated with the frame, and it's also been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 600 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range. For range estimates based upon a variety of variables, please refer to our Turbo Range Calculator.
- FRAME E5 Aluminum, bottom bracket motor mount, Fitness/Transportation Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
- FORK SR Suntour NCX E25, alloy steerer, 15mm thru-axle, 44mm offset, 50mm of travel
- FRONT HUB Specialized front hub disc, sealed bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- SPOKES DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS 700C disc, double-wall alloy, sleeved
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TYRE Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47mm
- REAR TYRE Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47mm
- CRANKSET Custom alloy forged crankarms
- CHAINRINGS 48T, custom alloy
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano SLX, 11-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE Shimano SLX, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CHAIN Shimano HG601, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Deore XT T8000, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Deore XT T8000, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Body Geometry XC Contour
- STEM Specialized Flowset, alloy, 20-degree w/ display/light mount, 31.8mm
- SADDLE Specialized Canopy Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 21mm offset, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 34.9mm
- MOTOR Specialized 1.3, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE Specialized TCD-W w/ handlebar remote & built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, 5 available display pages
- BATTERY Specialized U1-600, On/Off button, state of charge display, 600Wh
- CHARGER Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
- WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized harness
- HEADLIGHT Supernova V521s, 205lm w/ Up-Side-Down Mount to the stem
- TAILLIGHT Supernova E3, alloy housing, 3-LED, 250-degree visibility, fender mount
- KICKSTAND Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- FENDERS Specialized DRYTECH fenders, 52mm width, stainless steel fenderstays
- RACK Turbo Rack, Closed Platform, direct fender mount, Racktime-compatible
- BELL Simple bell
- PEDALS Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
|Head Tube Angle||70°||70°||70°||70°|
|Head Tube Length||135mm||135mm||145mm||170mm|
|Seat Tube Length, BB Center to Top Vertical||400mm||450mm||500mm||550mm|
Click here for a general sizing guide.
We'll take care of you.
Free General Service
To guarantee that your new bike stays running sweet, we offer a free General Service on all bikes that we sell. Worth $89, we'll do your first one for free at 6 months of ownership. Note that while the General Service labour is free, additional labour or parts cost extra. Bookings are required.
Specialized has one of the bike industry's most generous, rider-oriented warranty policies to offer. They have expanded their coverage across their range of bikes and gear. Their frames and Roval wheels have a lifetime warranty and most warranties become transferrable to a subsequent owner, who will then be eligible for warranty 2 years from the original retail purchase date.