2023 Specialized Epic Comp
You never forget your first taste of real speed, you know, the kind that brings an ear-to-ear grin you just can't seem to shake. Not to worry, from grinning to winning, the Epic Comp has you covered.
A Smarter BRAIN
Mixing hardtail efficiency and full-suspension capability to impressively quick results, Epic has always been defined by uncompromised commitment to speed.
Well, that and over 100 World Cup wins and podiums too. True to form, the latest Epic continues the tradition, taking advantage of the most efficient BRAIN suspension we’ve ever created to ensure it’s always on a first-name-basis with fast.
Re-engineered hand-in-hand with the new Epic, the latest BRAIN design resets the expectation for efficiency, employing a new race-tuned pedaling platform to ensure every watt possible is translated into forward motion, while handily soaking up momentum-killing chatter and big hits alike—all more smoothly than ever.
Redesigned with a focus on efficient power transfer and more confident handling performance, the Epic’s all-new FACT 11m carbon frame features a 15-percent stiffer rear triangle in order to take full advantage of the BRAIN's new race-tuned pedaling platform, while the revised carbon layup of the front-triangle sheds weight, sending the Epic’s already sky-high stiffness-to-weight ratio even higher.
- Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient BRAIN-controlled travel, the Epic’s FACT 11m carbon frame increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer and introduces the most capable handling in an Epic yet, all while shedding weight over the previous-generation Epic.
- The SID SL from RockShox benefits from the SID's development on the World Cup circuit, providing a race-tested Rush RL damper with external low-speed compression, lockout and rebound adjustments.
- Sprightly stoppers from SRAM, Level TL brakes offer smooth modulation for precise speed control.
- Specialized Alloy tubeless-ready rims feature a modern 27-millimeter internal width, allowing tires to achieve their ideal profile and footprint for optimal traction.
- Frame FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Race Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- Rear Shock RockShox-Specialized BRAIN, Rx XC Tune, 5 Position Platform Adjust, Rebound Adjust, 265x52.5mm
- Fork RockShox SID SL 29 44mm Offset
- Saddle Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails
- SeatPost X-Fusion Manic
- Handlebars Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Specialized Trail Grips
- Stem Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Front Brake SRAM Level TL, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake SRAM Level TL, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc
- Bottom Bracket SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded
- Crankset SRAM X1 1000 Eagle Boost 148 DUB
- Rear Derailleur SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers SRAM GX, trigger, 12-speed
- Chain SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette Sram XG-1275, 12-speed, 10-52t
- Chainrings Steel, 30T
- Front Hub Specialized alloy front hub disc, sealed cardridge bearings, 6-bolt, 15x110mm thru-axle, 32h
- Spokes DT Swiss Industry
- Front Tire FAST TRAK CONTROL 2BR, 29x2.35, T7
- Rear Hub Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 148mmx12mm thru-axle, 28h
- Rear Tire RENEGADE CONTROL 2BR, 29x2.35, T5
- Rims Alloy 29" 28H
- Inner Tubes Standard 48mm Presta
- SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool
|Bike Standover Height||740||763||766||776||788|
|Fork Length, Full||505||505||505||505||505|
|Head Tube Angle||67.5||67.5||67.5||67.5||67.5|
|Head Tube Length||95||95||100||115||135|
|Seat Tube Angle||76.5||75.8||75.5||75.5||75.5|
|Seat Tube Length||375||400||430||470||520|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||533||563||598||626||656|
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.