The Ultimate Trail Bike
The original mountain bike. Now, the ultimate trail bike. Completely redesigned with a stiff, light and beautiful asymmetric frame, supportive suspension kinematics and the ability to adjust geometry. The new Stumpjumper aims to be the best trail bike available.
The classic mountain bike. The Stumpjumper name continues as the best all-around trail bike in the range.
- Available in men's and women's
- 29er has 150/140mm travel, 66.5/67° head angle
- 650b has 150/150mm travel, 65.6/66° head angle
The new Short Travel version replaces the Camber as the lighter duty trail bike. Fast and efficient.
- Available in men's and women's
- 29er has 130/120mm travel, 67.5/68° head angle
- 650b has 130/130mm travel, 66.5/67° head angle
It's back and more Evo than ever! Super slack, long and progressive. This is the Stumpy for the park and anything gnarly.
- 63.5/64° head angle
- 29er has 150/140mm travel
- 650b has 150/150mm travel
The bike is longer, lower and slacker, of course, but not for the sake of being longer, lower, slacker. The geometry is modern and adjustable with slightly more reach and slightly slacker head angles, keeping it the nimble trail bike without stepping on the Enduro's toes by going too big. The Stumpjumper 29 is the faster bike, the 650b is the more playful bike.
- Longer reach, shorter stems
- Slacker head angles, similar travel as before
- Shorter chainstays, longer wheelbases, 170mm cranks on all
- Adjustable flip chip with low and high setting (low gives a 0.5° slacker head angle, 6mm lower BB, 5mm longer TT)
The FSR kinematics are all new and significantly improved. While the previous Stumpjumper had the tendency to blow through rear travel too easily, the new one uses a lower leverage ratio to stay supple, but remain supportive and have more available travel. AutoSag was dropped for performance reasons, as modern shocks have large negative volumes that AutoSag doesn't work well with.
- Supple beginning stroke, firm mid-stroke support
- Custom Rx shock tunes to suit new kinematics
- No AutoSag, replaced by sag-o-meter included with bike
- Metric sizing with universal mount, use whatever shock you want
The new Stumpjumper is a shared platform for men and women with ride characteristics tuned per size, just like the Rider-First Engineered Tarmac. They're lighter and stiffer, but not too stiff. Carbon models are full carbon, rear triangle and everything. Medium and smaller carbon frames are about 250 grams lighter, larger frames are about 100 grams lighter and roughly 20% stiffer. Alloy frames are about 550 grams lighter.
- Shared platform for both men and women
- Each size's carbon tuned to achieve the desired ride characteristics
- Updated SWAT compartment with bigger opening and 20% more storage volume
- Smart and easy cable routing, super quiet chainstay protector
The specs are a bit different this year, with more Shimano/Fox spec'd throughout the range. The new The tyre specs and widths are consistent across the bikes. All models have the Butcher up front and Purgatory in the rear, both in durable GRID casings.
- Shorter seat tube takes larger 34.9mm posts for more reliable 150+ mm droppers
- Threaded BB for less creaks
- Both 29 and 650b can accomodate up to 3.0" tyres
- 2.6" wide tyres spec'd on all Stumpjumpers
- 2.3" wide tyres spec'd on all Stumpjumper ST